“Great food. Great service!”

Nick & Nino's Penthouse Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Nick & Nino's Penthouse Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 524 Restaurants in Springfield
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 7th
Description: Perched 30 stories above Springfield's capital city, Nick & Nino's Penthouse Steakhouse offers unparalleled food, ambiance and service. Our small intimate dining experience is perfect for a romantic dinner, entertaining business client or a night out with a group of friends. We serve only the finest certified Black Angus aged steaks along with a selection of mouth-watering entrees. At Nick & Nino's we treat every occasion like it's a special occasion.
Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

We came to Springfield to see the sights and decided to go to a steak house. Since this was in walking distance we decided to try despite the latest review saying the service and food was average. We had a very different experience. I asked for a window table and received one. Our filets were cooked perfectly and the service was outstanding!! I would highly recommend this place for a good steak and the atmosphere was very inviting!!

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank dkobler

Reviewed July 7, 2018

Where do I start?!
First of all, I want to make it known that this was our very first experience with Nick and Ninos. Most all of us had never been before. My partner and I walked in a little later than the rest of the group. We were not seated, but rather - had to find the table on our own. No hostess/host in sight. The restaurant was HOT. I mean it was way warmer than it should of been. We were informed by a male server assistant that "well its the 30th floor so it gets real hot up here". So, not much of an answer from someone who clearly didn't know what they were talking about. Very humid. The restaurant is shockingly small. I wasn't expecting it to be as small as it was. The tables next to the much talked about "view" were extremely limited. We were one of about 4 or 5 tables in the entire restaurant at the time. We were there in the later evening.
The server was probably one of the most mundane individuals I have ever come across in the restaurant business. This server was overly robotic and almost made a point to dismiss menu questions that were being asked from the group. The service, with no exaggeration, was some of the slowest service any of us had ever experienced. I'm not sure if Nick and Ninos is just not as fast paced as I was expecting but from start to finish we were there for about 3 hours. Without an ounce of dishonesty, it took about 25 minutes to get a martini. In my opinion, that is ridiculous. It also took 45 minutes for our appetizers to come out after ordering. This too is ridiculous. I would never have come to Nick and Ninos if I would of known the experience would of taken so long.
The food was just "ok". It wasn't something I'd ever go back for. The steaks were cooked correctly, the lobster tails and shrimp were cooked correctly. But that is about all I can say. Nothing blew me away. Nothing really blew any of my guests away. The only thing that I can say I really enjoyed was the firecracker shrimp and that you can get just about anywhere nowadays.
Now for the bill...I was charged almost $50 for 3 basic titos martinis. I understand that the menu probably listed the price of the martini but for the very mediocre alcohol list they have and lower end vodkas they offered - I was shocked at the price of the martinis. I even asked for a specific higher end vodka that I drink and they seemed clueless as to what it was. Now for the biggest problem of the night, the server had the audacity to write their own tip at the bottom of the receipt. This server also added almost 8 extra dollars to their own suggested tip. I was pretty blown away by that. It put a very sour taste in my mouth after an extremely disappointing experience. I can say without hesitation that I, along with my guests, will not be back.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank FoodieFoodie64
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Nice place, atmosphere. Service bit slow. Good food drink choices. Steaks best choice. Desserts alright.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Perched at the top of the Wyndham in downtown Springfield Nick and Nino’s offers great views and excellent food (great steaks and more-even my wife who is a vegetarian can always find a delicious dish). Steak equivalent to anything I have had in Chicago or elsewhere. Stellar service, innovative appetizers, and a creative pastry chef making wonderful desserts. You will pay a bit more by Springfield IL standards but worth it.

Date of visit: June 2018
2  Thank jima927
Reviewed June 18, 2018

Classic steakhouse, delicious food and many options to choose from. Quiet and elegant, no recommended for families and higher price tag expected.

Date of visit: October 2017