“Good,fresh food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

The restaurant has great soup and sandwich options. It is a little confusing on placing your order, but they do a fine job with service. Lots of vegetarian options.

Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

Like others we were a little confused by the long line but followed the people ahead of us and studied the menu by the door before entering so we knew what we wanted. The process went quickly because there were several people taking orders at the beginning of the line. They escorted us to a two person table making sure we didn’t take a four person table.

I received my Reuben first and they forgot to
Bring my husbands next. We had to ask a waiter to find it. He apologized. My Reuben was just ok and my husbands turkey sandwich was just lunch meat like at the grocery. Not impressed.

He ordered carrot cake which was just ok. My chocolate raspberry cheesecake was the only redeeming part of the meal.

Definitely would not return.

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

Confusing process. Wasn’t sure what to do when I walked in. Grabbed a menu that was sitting in a basket, browsed it as others walked in and around me and lined up in a line with a “take out” sign displayed. Finally caught a waiters attention and he says to order in said line. Okay. After doing so, I was given a number and had a seat. Zucchini chowder was very good! My daughter liked her French potato soup as well. Our chicken salad and turkey sandwiches were good also. I watched other confused patrons coming in as we ate. I would suggest at the very least , a sign on the entry door giving instructions on the process of eating here!! I would return in the future and maybe can enjoy it a bit more without the feeling of being out of place!!

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

My husband enjoyed the mushroom soup and club sandwich. Definitely recommend the mushroom soup. The sandwich was a little dry. I enjoyed the tomato soup but the seasoned croutons to add would have made it perfect. I had a chicken salad sandwich which was only chicken and mayo which I do like but just adding a tomato slice and little lettuce would have made it just right. The little extras that enhance the food is missing. Otherwise, I would have given a 5 Star.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

We asked someone in the Old Capitol where to eat close by & he suggested Feed Store. I don't care for the ordering process either, took a while to figure out & then too rushed to study menu. We sort of looked around, lost, and a customer sitting close to entrance told us what to do! That's kind of silly. If ever I went again, I'd grab the menu, step back to study, then order. My first time eating WI cheese soup, it was great. Also the spinach strawberry salad was good & I liked the dressing. I ordered a red (strawberry/pineapple?) drink which I normally don't do & I didn't like it. Should have stuck with water. Husband liked the cheese soup also & he had a big club sandwich. If I lived in Springfield, I'd go back there to eat. Food came in an average time. I guess there's really no service after they bring you your food. Vegetarian could eat soup & salad, don't know about vegan choices.

Been to The Feed Store? Share your experiences!