US$119
HIExpress.com
State House Inn(Springfield)
US$89
US$67
Baymont by Wyndham Springfield(Springfield)(Great Value!)
US$109
Wingate by Wyndham Springfield(Springfield)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$112
US$102
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 17, 2008

Our room was very cozy, comfortable, clean and quiet. I loved being in it. The house is vintage beautiful - inside and out. The location can't be beat for sightseeing, even though we were told by the innkeeper that the bad side of town was a couple of blocks away, that women shouldn't walk alone in the neighborhood, and that cars are broken into (even hers!). I didn't feel or see this when out - but I'm comfortable in larger cities than Springfield. The innkeeper, although efficient and friendly, gave me the feeling that she would have rather been at her own home that weekend. She was not the owner - she worked there and I got the impression that if she kept costs down and profits up that she would benefit. We had the obliged wine with cheese and crackers , but no refills were offered. (even though we were the only ones there for the evening). Breakfast was at 8:00. No discussion. She is an early riser. The breakfast was not very good - my husband ate only one bite of what he thought was French toast while I thought it was an egg casserole - it had a concocted creation of blueberries on top which she even admitted that she had never made before - which made me suspect that it was from leftovers. I have a feeling that this would have been a better experience had we come at another time earlier than November when other guests were there ( there was only one other guest at the time we were there), so don't let my review tip the scales in the opposite direction of most of the prior reviews. Our experience at this b&b causes us to laugh at what happened, not to think bitterly about it! TIPS: be sure to eat dinner at Muldaneers on 6th Street - pricey but excellent. And get a guided tour of the State Capitol! Also the history lessons learned at the Lincoln Museum will be longlived!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
8  Thank JannyWmm
Reviewed May 27, 2008

We just spent two nights/three days in Springfield. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Henry Mischler House. The number one advantage of this property is that it's right across the street from the complex of historic homes that have been painstakingly preserved by the National Park Service, including the Lincoln Home. It is the best part of Springfield. It is also within walking distance (about six blocks) of the Lincoln Museum, which most people visit when touring the City. The other important qualities of the Mischler House include the beauty of the house itself, the excellent and friendly service provided by the managers, and the very tasty breakfasts. I highly recommend staying here, especially if you enjoy the ability to walk to most of the historic attractions that Springfield has to offer. The only downside to this B&B is that some of the properties that are near it are run-down. I get the sense that Springfield leaders have done a decent job of providing historic attractions, but have totally ignored the neighborhoods. Too bad for Springfield -- it deserves a lot better. Springfield should invest in preservation of its historic urban neighborhoods. If that happens it will be a much more interesting place to visit.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank RonSonomaCounty
Reviewed October 5, 2007

Great place to stay. Almost all historical sites are within walking distance with lots of places to eat. The inn is a great place to stay with all the personnel being very helpful. The breakfast we were served included orange juice, fruit bowl, and a casserole. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank hartelr
Reviewed August 6, 2007

This is a beautiful establishment and the finest accommodation I have ever stayed in. Judy the hostess is wonderfully accommodating and welcoming and the house is straight out of the 1890s with the original features and antique furniture. It blends in perfectly with the lovely historic city of Springfield. Do not stay anywhere else other than the Mischler House - it is a fantastic experience

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paularea
Reviewed April 6, 2007

My sisters and I spent two wonderful nights here and and couldn't have been more pleased with the accomodations. The amazing location made us feel llike we were living just houses away from Abe himself.
All of the personnel were most gracious and willing to go the "extra mile" from putting ice in our car cooler to snapping our picture relaxing on the porch swing. Twice we had had to cancel due to health issues and they were most understanding.
All in all, it was just a pleasant experience!

Stayed: April 2007