State House Inn
US$90
Country Inn
Baymont by Wyndham Springfield(Springfield)(Great Value!)
US$60
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$71/night.

US$117
US$96
US$128
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
Motel 6 Springfield(Springfield)(Great Value!)
US$54
  • Pool
Candlewood Suites Springfield(Springfield)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$67
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$78/night.

US$99
US$84
US$74
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$88/night.

All reviewslincoln museummid centuryretro decorwafflesmad menwithin walking distancesausagepotatoesking suiteamtrak stationdowntown springfieldcapital buildingseparate bedroomfree hot breakfasthotel barbusiness centerhistoric sites
Reviewed September 16, 2017

You can't beat the location of this hotel. We walked to all of the major attractions which was a nice plus. We didn't need our car until we left the city. Free parking and free wifi are nice perks along with the free breakfast. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was very clean but could use some updating. Not enough plugs for today's technical items we all travel with. We didn't care for the decor. I don't know if it was supposed to be retro or if it's just old. But the bar stools were uncomfortable as was some of the lounge seating. Bar opened at 5:00 p.m. which was nice before heading out to dinner. We didn't use the Business center.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2017

My room (one queen size bed) was clean and well appointed. It was a 2nd floor room that faced south onto Adams street but was very quiet. The bed was a little soft for me but it did have plenty of pillows for propping up to watch TV. All the staff members I had contact with were pleasant and helpful.

I was in town to visit the Abraham Lincoln museums and home. I also was pleasantly surprised by the Farmer's Market on Wednesday morning just down street a couple of blocks. I walked every where I wanted to go during the day and felt safe most of the time.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed September 10, 2017

You can tell a lot about a hotel when it is having a bad night. We checked in on the Sunday night before the Monday Total Eclipse in August. The hotel had to turn over massive numbers of rooms from weekend travelers to Sunday night Eclipse goers. One of our two rooms were available at 2:30 pm, before posted check-in. The second room was not available at 3:00 or 3:30 pm. We went out to dinner and returned to a long long checkin line at 6:30 pm. The front desk was waiting for rooms to be cleaned before guests were checked in --- not a good situation for anyone. To his credit, the front desk person kept his cool and professionalism in a tough situation. He had to handle impatient checkins, answer the telephone ("Sorry, we are full tonight"), and check cleaning progress over a walkie-talkie. Eventually we we cleared the line went to our room.

The room was fully cleaned and well appointed. We had reserved a queen suite with a separate sitting room and bedroom. The room and furnishings were in good shape. The only odd experience was an HVAC system in the bedroom that sounded like a small jet plane landing when it turned on. The hotel was probably built in the 1960s or 1970s but has been kept up. Parking is within steps of the front desk in a single level lot.

We drove out very early the next day for the star show and were invited by the Monday. morning manager to take freshly brewed coffee well before the served continental breakfast opened. Nice touch and awareness of early risers. When we returned late from the Eclipse experience, the front desk manager was much more mellow than the night before. Even though the hotel is across the street from the state capitol, I had the feeling that Sunday was an incredibly unusually busy night. Still it might have been anticipated with extra staffing.

We stayed for a couple more nights and found the hotel very convenient for our Springfield Lincoln experience. It is within walking distance of the Lincoln House, Museum and Library, and the Old State House. The Lincoln Tomb is a very short drive away. A breakfast is offered in the morning, but we prefer to try cafes and coffee shops in the cities we visit. We did spend some time in a small bar off the main floor and found the bartender as friendly and accommodating as the rest of the staff.

I can easily recommend the hotel to Springfield travelers, especially those connected with state government or those visiting historic Lincoln sites.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for 9 nights whilst visiting for my son's wedding nearby. It was our first trip to the USA.
This hotel is maintained magnificently in the design of 60s retro chic and this is spot-on.

Positives about the hotel:
-The staff (see later)
-Breakfasts
-The fabulous retro 60s chic (see previous comment)
-Daily room service
-24 hour reception
-Cool bar
-Lifts
-Very near to all local attractions
-Practically next to State Capitol building
-Free parking
-Decent wifi
-Business Centre with desktop computers, printer, all complimentary
-ATM machine
-very comfy beds

Negatives:
-Our room was on 2nd floor (1st is main reception) and on the East side, so we had smaller windows rather than ones you could look out of.
-Nearby local train station means that you get regular train sounds which can be off-putting (though you get used to it tbh)
-no 'fridge in our room (will definitely book a suite next time)
-You have to sign back into wifi every time you go back to hotel after leaving. (Very small inconvenience)
-Would have liked butter for my toast (another small inconvenience-hey, I'm English!)

The main reason I have given this is hotel 5 stars is due to the amazing, friendly, warm staff. They can't do enough for you, in the most kind, helpful way. A special thank you go to Raven Harvest who is the best Receptionist ever, to Penny our wonderful housekeeper, to Sam the maintenance man and to Keith the breakfast supervisor and his female side-kick (so sorry I didn't get her name). They are extraordinary and made our stay fabulous.

Thank you!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2017

I found this while trolling the internet. It's been all redone to it's original state, back in the 60's, when Statesmen stayed here. (no Hiltons or Holiday Inn Express back then) Personally, I hate the look, but I appreciate the efforts. Plus, everything was clean and nice. There is a a beautiful view of the Capital directly in front of the building, which is why, "in the day", all the "somebodies" stayed here. . We walked everywhere from here. It was extremely convenient. Price was reasonable, too. I've stayed here 3 times now.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends