1,009 results
All reviews lincoln museum mid century retro decor mad men within walking distance waffles sausage potatoes amtrak station king suite downtown springfield capital building separate bedroom free hot breakfast business center historic sites would stay here again
Reviewed September 3, 2018

I really wanted to give this place more than three stars but there were a few too many little things that went wrong for our one-night stay that I can’t do it. That said, I want to state up front this hotel is an excellent value... our room was $89 plus tax and included two tix to the Lincoln Museum and it has a hot breakfast. The staff we dealt with were nothing short of amazing, and it’s in a terrific location in Springfield. What needs improvement...well, let’s start with hiring more people. We checked in about 7pm on the Friday night of Labor Day wknd and there was one person working the desk with at least six other groups ahead of us to check in. The guy worked his hardest and it wasn’t too bad, but he sure needed some help. As many reviewers have mentioned, the rooms have been renovated but the lobby is undergoing its remodel, so there was only one elevator working and you couldn’t access the stairs in the lobby to get to your room that way either, so we made lots of friends on the always crowded elevator. We were very nicely upgraded to a suite but found we had no toilet paper, towels or shampoo...the filter basket on the coffee pot was missing so we couldn’t make our own coffee...the A/C didn’t work in the living room area of the suite and worked too well in the bedroom area...wi-fi was down that night. The nearby train tracks were busy all night with the horns going off. Bed was comfy and place was clean. Although the room had been renovated I can’t say it was really the highest quality work, and the couch was pretty uncomfortable. So, only three stars. But should we ever visit Springfield again, we would try them again as I really believe they are genuinely trying to improve their hotel and guest experience, not to mention its amazing value and the terrific people they have working there.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Scott M, General Manager at State House Inn - a Red Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2018

Dear dlw240

Thank you for being our guest, we're happy to chose the State House Inn. I have taken note of the service issues you mention and have reviewed them with my team. Our goal is to always seek improvement. Please accept my apologies they detracted from your stay. Additionally, you were only able to experience a partially renovated room as not all the elements were in place during your stay due to some shipping delays. We certainly do hope we have another opportunity to serve you on your next visit to Springfield. I am confident you will have a much better stay experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed August 26, 2018

My sister made reservations for three rooms thru Bookings.com Reviews were good. We were not aware Hotel was updating. Her bed was broken, she changed rooms. Furniture was broken in my room. No knobs on dresser. I have photos but don't know how to post them. We paid $115 for a crappy room. It was a great location but a real dump!

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank MsNbell

Dear Guest

Please accept my sincerest apologies that your stay experience caused you to leave with such a negative impression of our hotel. In regards to broken furniture, I am researching what may have occurred in your sister's room with her bed as we were already well into the schedule of replacing the old beds with new ones. For the dresser, the lack of dresser knobs is actually a design feature, and certainly one of the reasons the renovation is taking place.

We would love to have the opportunity to change your mind on what you feel the hotel is and hope you will grant us a second change to provide you with a memorable stay. We stand ready to welcome you back.

Yours in hospitality

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is under renovations. The lobby looks terrible but the rooms are finished and adequate, not fancy but newly renovated. The hotel does have a 60s vibe which I appreciate. Reminds of the water gate hotel, on a smaller scale- cool. The train tracks are close and the train engineers were excessively honking the horns on a Sunday morning at 6:30 am...not sure they are required to do that or ? Good location to walking to museums.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear valued guest

Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to your next visit where we will be able to showcase our 100% completed renovation!

Warmest Regards

Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

The ambiance is great. The building gives off a historical vibe. The rooms are attractive. My bed not so much. I had a suite and I really liked it for the money. However, the a/c in the bedroom area felt more like heat. A lovely staff person named Lashuna tried to resolve this issue to no avail. She was kind and very helpful. Renee at the front desk assisted me graciously and was so friendly. I chose to stay a 2nd night because of them! Good customer service is hard to find! Pay them well! Replace the mattress in 301, fix the a/c and I’ll come back! Remodeling the elevator is also a must! Great location too!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2018

Spent two nights here in an accessible room. Our room was spotless. Furnishings a bit dated but fine. Staff was wonderful. Cudos to the housekeeping staff and especially the staff at the breakfast buffet. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family