1,319 results
All reviews double tree cookies convention center front desk abraham lincoln within walking distance parking garage nice hotel room service old state capitol per day breakfast buffet heart of downtown business trip upon check historical sites would definitely stay here again
Reviewed May 7, 2016

This is a clean, comfortable and convenient hotel in Springfield. I didn't use the in-house restaurant on this trip, but it is close to most of the good choices in Springfield and an easy walk to the Capitol.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2016

The room was spacious and the bed comfortable. Parking was easy as was check-in. The bathroom needed maintenance: the caulk in the shower was rusty colored and moldy and the shower floor was dingy. Poor flushing toilet. The room had a door leading to an adjacent room, so sound was an issue. One doesn't want to hear neighbors at 3 a.m. nor does one want neighbors to hear him/her. But, the location make up for shortfalls. You can leave your car in the parking garage and walk all over the downtown. And there is much to see and do.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Thank David K. H
Reviewed May 3, 2016

My family has been using this hotel for years and years. This was our meeting spot to meet our Springfield family for lunch/brunch anytime we were in town. Because of those family gatherings I chose this hotel when I brought my kids to do the Lincoln museum and the sites. So when we had a show in Springfield I knew where we would be staying! The staff is wonderful - from the front desk to room service to housekeeping - they very friendly and are very proud of their hotel. The hotel is beautiful and welcoming. While we didn't eat in the restraurant this trip, as I've said we would meet family for lunch often and it was always delicious and always fabulous service. My only request would be more pillows on the king beds - we had 2 very small very soft pillows - and after travel and a show we were too tired to call for extras. The rooms and bathrooms are large and spacious. You can hear street noise and the train but it didn't bother us. There is a parking fee.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2016

Nice room, clean, modern decor and comfortable bed. The hotel was very busy night we checked in, large group in lobby and ballrooms. It was adults but the noise level between rooms is not the greatest, easy to hear normal conversation even in the hallway. But for the level of occupancy it was not an issue. I would stay there again, parking is not free, but affordable.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2016

The Double Tree President Abe Lincoln Hotel looked like a nice hotel in downtown Springfield, Illinois. We booked a room for 3 nights. A very friendly front desk clerk checked us in. She welcomed us with cookies, that really were fresh!!! So far, so good. After the first night my wife called the Front Desk at 12:00 Noon. She told the Front Desk clerk that we were just leaving our room for the day, and asked if someone could clean our room. (She called because we thought that we may have missed housekeeping since it was so late). The Font Desk clerk sounded annoyed at this request and stated, "That is what we do. You don't have to call". We returned to our room at Midnight and found that housekeeping had not been to our room. I then went to the Front Desk to request clean towels. I was given clean towels and an apology. The Front Desk clerk said that he would make a note about our room not being cleaned, and he assured me that our room would be cleaned tomorrow. The following day we left our room around 11:00 AM and we returned to our room around Midnight. Again, no one from housekeeping had been to our room. This time I went to the Front Desk and requested a new (and clean) room. The Front Desk clerk did give us a new room. My recommendation: If you do not mind NOT having your hotel room cleaned, then this is a great hotel (the cookies at check in are really good). However, if you like the extra perks while traveling, such as returning to a clean hotel room at the end of your day, not having to make your hotel bed yourself, and having clean towels so that you don't have to keep using the same dirty smelly towel each time that you take a shower, then I would NOT recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Robert S, General Manager at President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2016

Dear Bill C,

Thank you for staying with us, and making such positive comments about our Front Desk Agent who checked you into the hotel as well as the DoubleTree cookie being delicious. Yet, we also had some communication failures and I am terribly sorry about this.

Please give me a call directly so I can better understand the challenges, and I am very sure we can make this right. My cellphone # is 612-432-3506.

Robert Sabin