1,330 results
All reviews double tree cookies front desk convention center abraham lincoln within walking distance parking garage nice hotel room service heart of downtown old state capitol per day breakfast buffet business trip upon check historical sites would definitely stay here again
Reviewed October 10, 2018

Wonderful, friendly staff and delicious breakfast buffet. The gravy is the best I’ve ever had. If staying in Springfield I highly recommend this hotel. If you live near go there for breakfast brunch and bring your friends!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Janet M
peterm52, General Manager at President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2018

Thank you for staying with us. Glad that you enjoyed the breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you back to the Springfield area in the future.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Decent sized rooms that are well appointed. Extremely clean. Bed was awesome...no sagging. Good shower and hot water. Older hotel which has been cared for. Four elevators. Very friendly staff. Ice and soft drink vending on each floor. Did not eat breakfast at their in-house restaurant (which only serves breakfast). (Breakfast is NOT included in the room price.) Street parking available, or public garage adjoins this. Call to get full understanding on how the fees for the garage work. Valet parking available (call for pricing on this as well). We parked one vehicle in the garage, and the other one we used the valet. Were pleased with the parking (although before we arrive were a bit apprehensive about it as not used to this type of situation). Hotel is downtown and we walked to excellent restaurants and many attractions. Only a block from the Old State Capitol, and a few more blocks to the Governor's Mansion (both free attractions that we highly recommend).

2  Thank Iluv2travel059
peterm52, General Manager at President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to see that overall you had a positive experience and we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back should your future travel plans include a return to Springfield.

Reviewed October 1, 2018

I booked a room for two nights and checked out at the prescribed time. Asked about the cost for staying an extra night and informed them that I will let them know if I would stay an extra day. I did go home but the hotel charged me for that extra day! I called the hotel's local number but ended up speaking to a person with broken English at a call center in the Banana Republic of the Philippines. That person hung up on me. I filed a complaint online and at the same time filed a dispute with my credit card company. THREE WEEKS later I get an updated statement from the hotel showing a credit for the extra day, but just below that it showed another charge for that day! I have tried to contact hotel management but keep getting voice mail. I am extremely angry about this. I would NOT recommend this hotel, and would recommend that anyone who stays here to review their statements, as well as their credit card charges, very carefully.

Room tip: Do not stay at this hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your concerns. Our apologies for the poor experience you encountered in reconciling the billing issues. We will reach out to you right away to resolve.

Reviewed September 30, 2018

We stayed here for one night on 9/29/18. Normally we don't stay downtown and usually prefer the "newer" hotels more on the outskirts of downtown. I think we always felt the hotels downtown weren't updated. The Abraham Lincoln Hotel has changed our minds. The room was very clean and updated and the front desk employees were extremely friendly and professional. The biggest highlight was breakfast. For a hotel breakfast buffet, which are normally so-so, we were blown away by the choices and the taste. We had a large family group and our server, San, was absolutely wonderful. She made sure all of us were taken care of and she really could not have been friendlier. We all ordered made-to-order omelets and everyone really enjoyed them. Because of San and that delicious breakfast, our family get together was just that much better. We will be back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ellen496

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback on your recent stay. We are deligted that you had a great experience and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future should your travel plans bring you back to Springfield.

Reviewed September 26, 2018

We stayed here for 5 nights --the location to all the historical sites is well situated and so we walked everywhere. It was a very unusually HOT week in Springfield with temps in the mid 90s and heat indexes over 100----our A/C wasn't working right but Kenny from maintenance fixed it ---he was our hero! The beds were very comfy however the light weight feather comforter was not in a cover like most of the Double trees we have stayed in---it was under the top sheet and over the bottom sheet so when sleeping that comforter was not protected. Our television NEVER got the local stations like ABC< NBC< CBS or PBS or Fox---we called 3 times and they could not fix it. Housekeeping was lax---forgetting to fill coffee packets, no new bags for ice--the attention to detail that we experience at Double Trees just wasn't here.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MichiganderMom
peterm52, General Manager at President Abraham Lincoln Springfield - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2018

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to let us know where we could provide better service. I apologize for the lapses in service. We strive to achieve better and will address your concerns with our team to prevent a reoccurrence.
Thank you again for your comments.