“Great way to see and learn about Harvard.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Harvard Campus Walking Tour and Admission to Natural History Museum
Ranked #1 of 10 Tours in Cambridge
More attraction details
Owner description: The Hahvahd Tour, now in its 10th season, is the most popular tour of Harvard University in Cambridge. Our guests enjoy a theatrical journey led by current Harvard students. Our tours have served over one million Harvard visitors and enjoy high marks from the NY Times, NPR, TripAdvisor and Yelp! Our Harvard Square staff are available to help you find places to eat, shop and enjoy during your visit to Harvard. They can be easily be found by looking for their straw Harvard hats and smiling faces right outside of the Harvard MBTA Station. The tour is owned by Harvard alumni, operates under license by the Harvard Trademark Program and officially partners with The Harvard COOP and Harvard Student Agencies. Tours run March 1st - November 30 Tours run 7 days a Week, Tour Times Visit or website for an up to date tour time calendar and to purchase tickets!
Wall Township, New Jersey
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great way to see and learn about Harvard.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

I took my teens there on a recent trip to Boston. The tour is free, but they do ask for a donation. I was happy to make a donation after the tour. Our guide, a student, was excellent. She had all kinds of information about Harvard that we never would have figured out on our own and she was funny and entertaining. The donations they ask for are so small, it was way cheaper then some of the other things we did in Boston.

Maryland
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Not sure what to say....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

I read so many great reviews for this tour and overall it was okay but I was a bit disappointed. First, we had quite a large tour group - we did the last tour on a Saturday. There was probably about 20 people in our group. We were not able to follow the tour route as it was supposed to happen because of 'occupy harvard'. There were some protestors in Harvard Yard so the yard was closed to the public. From the map that was provided, a good amount of the tour is supposed to go through the yard - we couldn't see the 'john harvard' statue, etc. So, the tour ended up going around the yard and I think that this is where the second issue came in - we could barely hear the tour guide. If you got stuck toward the back of the group, you missed a lot of what was being said. I'm not sure if this is typically the case when the tour stays in the yard. I feel like I missed a big part of the tour because of this. So - not sure if this is the typical experience or just how it ended up because of the circumstance with the protest. Regardless, I was bummed that we didn't get to go into the yard and I missed out on what was being said. But on the other hand, its only $10 per person....

new york
368 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 283 helpful votes
“A lot of fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

I had read about this in the NY Times just before heading for Boston so it was easy to add to our itinerary. You can sign up online (for free). then you show up at the info kiosk near the newstand at the appointed time. A student gives you a walking tour with fun facts- maybe some arent' even facts. This shouldn't be confused witht he type of tour an admissions offices offers. It is not the official tour. Then they invite tips at the end $10/person or $20/family.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“A Winner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

It was a fun tour! The guide was animated and humorous - she mixed lots of interesting facts into her presentation. I learned a lot and never was bored. It surprised me that within our large group that I was the only one from the US. There was a wide variety of places represented by those on our tour. But It was well worth the money and the time. A "must do" when visiting Boston! Very easy to find - the tour begins right at the red Harvard T line.

Visited October 2011
Sarasota, Florida
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Charming student/ interesting info/ enjoyable walk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

With about 15 people, we toured Harvard with a very knowledgeable student, who shared many interesting tidbits of information about the culture and history of the university. Her stories were very lively and entertaining, and we came away feeling that we knew more about the famed institution that we did before. She tied the events to American history and shared some of the conflicts between Cambridge and the University. I definitely recommend the tour for anyone who has an interest in Harvard and its history.

Visited November 2011

Been to The Hahvahd Tour? Share your experiences!