US$237
US$346
Hyatt.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewscentral squareilly coffeepresidential suitestar marketlobby barrestaurant recommendationsnice hotelhotel restaurantroom numbermassachusetts avenuestreet parkinghave stayed here many timesnice roombusiness hotelbeds were comfortablebusiness tripmini fridge
Reviewed June 25, 2018

The room was very beautiful and comfortable. Bathroom was very clean. Location was convenient to food and drink. Very close to MIT and the Boston bridge. It's even in walking distance to Fenway Park. It took me 30 minutes to walk back from Fenway.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed June 24, 2018

The one star is for the comfortable bed. We travel quite a bit for business and travel and it has been some time since I have had a more negative experience with a hotel. While booking, I indicated that we would need a rollaway bed for one night, the first night of our stay. Apparently such a request is completely confounding to this hotel's staff. I called the morning before our arrival to confirm and I was told that if they had a bed it would be in the room. So, we hoped for the best and went on our way.

We arrived at the hotel in a car, no valet service was offered. No assistance with our luggage was offered either and no luggage trolleys in sight. So, while I checked in, my husband and daughter removed the luggage from the car. At check in I was given one bottle of water (that's fine, it's all in the family so we'll share) and given the keys to our room. When I asked what should be done about our car, I was directed to the valet person, standing right there. Eventually we were able to communicate that we needed our car to be parked. When my husband and daughter came in with the luggae, the front desk staff asked them if they were checking in. Um, what? You just saw us all together figuring out how to deal with the luggage and the car.

When we arrived at midnight (I had notified them in advance of our expected check in time), the rollaway bed was indeed in our room - standing vertical in the corner with no bedding. So, we rearranged the room furntiture and righted the rollaway bed so that it could be slept in and requested bedding for it. We were allowed 2 towels in our bathroom for three guests - we were exhausted from traveling all day so my husband elected to use one of the two hand towels as a bath towel rather than deal with the incompent front desk staff yet again.

The following day, we returned again to a generous two towels and the rollaway bed still in our room despite me confirming on 3 different occasions that the rollaway bed was only for the first night. So, we requested that it be removed which is was. We rearranged the room furntiture ourselves and I treated myself to the one tea pod allowed to our room and used one of the two cream and sugar packets knowing now that I would not have it for morning coffee.

Day three we returned to 1 towel in our room and 1 coffee pod for use in the coffee maker. Our ice bucket had been put back in place, including the melted ice from the night before. After complaining yet again, we were greeted at our door by a member of the staff with an armload of towels (many more than could reasonably be needed) as well as a plastic bag full of pods for the coffee maker, again many more than two people could consume. I only asked for enough supplies for two people. I don't understand the hostility.

The take home message is that if you want anything within the normal expectations of hotel service be prepared to ask for it. But, if you ask for it be prepared to deal with the attitude that comes with it. Or, just make it easier on yourselves and bring your own towels, beds, bedding, and coffee. Needless to say we will never, ever stay here again and we will certainly not recommend the hotel to anyone.

Stayed: June 2018
Manojkumar2018, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Cambridge - MIT, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2018

Dear AutumnS75,

We apologize that your experience here in our hotel failed to exceed your expectations. We are disappointed that we were unable to address your concerns while you were still here as our guest so that you may had a more enjoyable time in our great city. Thank you for sharing your experience as it allows us to improve our operations for all of our future guests.

We apologize once again for our failure to deliver and outstanding experience for your visit and hope that if your travels do return you to our area that you will reach out to me directly so that I may personally assist in exceeding your expectations.

Manoj Kumar

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Have stayed here many times. Great hotel, service can't be beat. Upon check-in, they gave us an upgrade to a suite, and we even prepaid on Priceline! Still, their air conditioner was blowing heat this weekend on a hot summer day, even after we had said something. I'm chalking this up to a weirdo maintenance issue that they'll resolve, but always be vigilant. I still would give this property my highest rating == four stars!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed June 16, 2018

Everything about this hotel was perfect. From our check in with Luis Rodriguez to our check out and everything in between. The room was spacious and modern. The beds were super comfortable. The bathroom was new and bright and both were extremely clean. There was no noise from any other rooms or the hallway that I noticed. The location is about a 5 minute walk to the Central T stop with tons of restaurants in between. The neighborhood is vibrant, eclectic and interesting.

Reviewed June 12, 2018 via mobile

For a business trip to Cambridge, I chose this hotel based on availability and location. The property is acceptable if it’s all that’s available but otherwise I’d look elsewhere. The rooms are tired (think rusty bathroom fixtures) and worst of all the room AC system shuts itself off automatically with loud and jarring noises. Literally the unit woke me up several times at night. On account of the AC noise alone I would be very reluctant to stay here — hard to get a good night’s rest.

Stayed: June 2018
ShahramK1, General Manager at Le Meridien Cambridge - MIT, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2018

Dear NYinTransit,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel location. I apologize about the AC noise, our engineering team regularly perform preventive maintenance in our guestrooms including the AC system. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you.
Shahram