“Great student-led tour”

Harvard Historical Walking Tour
Ranked #3 of 11 Tours in Cambridge
Reviewed June 3, 2018

Not the most exhaustive tour, but good for how much you pay. Well worth it. Student was very entertaining.

Date of experience: May 2018
in 6 reviews
"insight"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

Was fantastic to get to walk the grounds with a student and hear about the history, the buildings and student life. I would recommend this walking tour. Easy access from the T station!

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed April 22, 2018

One of my wife's request was to do the Harvard tour. We arrived about 30 minutes before our tour time. First come first served as there is a maximum amount of people for each tour and it was very popular. Our group was still large. I would guess there had to have been around 30 people in our group.

Our tour guide was Will, a student at Harvard. The tour is a historical one and not one to show you all the buildings and areas but you can always go see those on your own before or after the tour. Will was very knowledgeable and provided clear information. I wanted to give Will a tip after the tour but others were speaking to Will and my wife was urging me to get going as we had to get ready for a flight out of Logan airport and we still had to get a gift from the Harvard store for our kids. After the tour, it was a little difficult finding the large Harvard store but boy was it a large store with multiple floors. There is also a much smaller Coop store but the larger Coop store has so much more to offer. I will tell you the small sized clothing is more like a medium so nothing would fit my daughter in University. For some clothing, they didn't have women specific sizing so the unisex small was way too big unless you were at least 5'5" tall and at least 140 pounds. I was hoping to get her a Harvard Law sweater.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed February 6, 2018

We took this walking tour just out of curiosity. It was very good. The guide was Elizabeth, a junior there. She was very entertaining and knew a lot about the history of the place. The down side was the cold. It was freezing!!!
I wanted to buy a souvenir but the gift shop wasn't as good as I thought It would be. I ended up empty handed

Date of experience: November 2017
See more reviews
Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

Our family enjoyed the unique cultural and historical attributes presented by current University students at Harvard. A walk through the University campus with a discussion of historical buildings, campus lore, and stories from past and present; gave our family some insight into one of the oldest Universities in the USA. The tour does not focus on concentrations or areas of studies, but more on what has historically formed the University through centuries of operation.

Date of experience: January 2018