“Friday evening empty?”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We were worried to find the restaurant nearly empty for a Friday evening. I had enjoyed lunch here a couple of months before so it seemed worth a try for a quick before theater meal. Cup of fish soup was good together with a reasonable house wine.The salmon roll-up was hopeless, perhaps because salmon with mayo (?) sauce and wilted lettuce wrapped in wheat grain does not make a tasty combination. Don't need reservations here and Harvard Square has other options.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

My husband and I had the regularly offered groupon for $30 for 2 1lb lobsters with 2 sides and choice of clam chowder or shrimp and crab bisque. We shared bowls of each and both were tasty. We also thoroughly enjoyed the included fresh and hot from the oven rolls . The lobster was a rare for us special treat and was delicious.

This restaurant is open for lunch and dinner. We ate late afternoon on bare tables. They were just setting up for dinner with table cloths and candles. I think it is the best and most reasonable seafood restaurant in the Harvard Square area.

If you exit the Redline - make a U turn and walk away from the T keeping the Inn at Harvard on your left. The restaurant will be on your left in a tall building up some steps to the entry or use the ramp.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I enjoyed my first time at The Dolphin on New Year's Eve so much that I went back on January 7th.
On New Year's there were four of us. We split 2 appetizers, shared a bottle of wine, each had a dinner special (not lobster) and shared a desert. The men finished their paella and raved about it. The women both had leftovers; sole florentine and seafood with pasta. The flavors are fresh and interesting. The service is good, the atmosphere is casual and the owner or manager visited every table to chat and check on each customer. The chocolate lava cake is wonderful. It comes with a scoop of ice cream and a generous portion of whipped cream. Our bill was under $150.
My next visit was a thank you for a friend. She had the calamari appetizer. I had the seafood bisque. Both are excellent. I don't care for calamari but I tasted it and was pleasantly surprised. The bisque is light and aromatic. She had orange ginger salmon. I had crab cake and shrimp greek salad. The salmon was a huge portion, tasty and moist. The only complaint was the side salad is ordinary but the dinner rolls are outstanding. The shrimp were broiled with just the right amount of spice, the crab cakes are good size and the sauce enhanced the flavors. Of course, I ate another lava cake.
I will look for the lobster coupon so I can go again and eat lobster.

1  Thank MO-8-6535
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went here on Saturday night and made reservations. We both had seafood and it was awesome. We started with Mussels and bread. For my entrée I had Bay Scallops and Steak tips Andy boyfriend had Sweet and Sour Salmon. It was perfect!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have visited their restaurant in Natick ma and always enjoyed the food .the food here is even better.the lobster was 1.5 pounds and came with side dishes.the server was professional and made us feel comfortable.the restaurant is a short walk from Harvard square.we used a coupon for lobster dinner for two.i will return