“Best meal we had in our stay in Sirolo”

Trattoria Osteria Sara
Ranked #4 of 57 Restaurants in Sirolo
Price range: US$23 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Closed on Sunday.
Reviewed April 19, 2017

We stayed in Sirolo for 5 days and this restaurant was had the best food! You could tell the owner (who also was also our waiter) took pride in his service and food. The starters were amazing, we had a mix of the cold and hot appetizers. My mum and I HATE tuna but we were served tuna carpaccio and its the best tuna I have ever tasted. Earlier on in the holiday (in another restaurant) I had tried octopus for the first time and I couldn't stomach it, it tasted like mud and slightly off. So I was very hesitant to try it again at Osteria Sara but I'm so happy that I did because it completely changed my view on octopus (the last place could have put me off it for life). My main was the grilled fish which was also very good. The evening as a whole was lovely and we felt like we got the right value for our money. 10/10!!!

1  Thank nim12345678
Write a ReviewReviews (1,308)

Reviewed April 8, 2017 via mobile

Excellent excellent excellent the three stars i gave to this trattoria are for the salle staff the chef and for the dinner. I got sea food with entries a first course of ciavattoni with fish ragù and zuppa of fish. All dressed with white verdicchio wine. Very dry and good for zuppa. not expensive for the quality and courtesy.

Reviewed January 16, 2017

What a great place,it is a very basic place but the food is first class.A family run place, i have been eating here for years and it never disappoints the seafood is so fresh.One of my favorite dishes here is the risotto frutta de mare fantasic.

Reviewed September 28, 2016 via mobile

Great food and service! Went on a Tuesday in late September, after the summer crowds to Sirolo had gone and this was the only restaurant completely full as soon as it opened their door for dinner! Cozy space and a few lovely tables out the back too.

Reviewed July 25, 2016

Returning after one year absence to Sirolo, we were alarmed by some recently posted comments on tripadvisor that standards at Sara had allegedly slipped. Could it be that over the past 12 months Sara had lost it touch? After having lunch there this week please be assured that nothing has changed. Sara is still Sara. The sea food was fresh and prepared to the highest standard, the selection of cold and hot starters was a treat, the steak of tuna as delicious as ever and the mixed grill a very decent portion of very well prepared ( local) turbot, wyting and calamari. The service was friendly and adequate, the atmosphere in the down stairs restaurant cosy and as usual the temperature was a bit elevated. If you are looking for excellent sea food at the heart of Sirolo, then is the place to be. However, to the point of the critics; indeed if you want a fully air conditioned retaurant with sea view, where children can run around, then there are better local choices than Sara. We will be going there over and over again.