“Good food and a wonderful view”
Review of Verde Fiume

Verde Fiume
Ranked #12 of 57 Restaurants in Bosa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2016

This restaurant is two up from the Corte Fiorita hotel and has two sections: a downstairs main dining room and an open air section across the road, facing the river. Where better to enjoy fine food at a reasonable price while watching the beautiful (and very clean) river Temo flow slowly by?

There are newer reviews for Verde Fiume

Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

Here with our 4 year old. Bad mood was swiftly changed into his best mood and behaviour when he was offered crayons and pictures to draw and have hung on the wall. Meanwhile we had a saffron pasta with salsicchia for starters. Really nice. Then for me panfried squid and big prawns in a simple but so delicious sauce it took me forever to finish because I so wanted to linger in the taste. My husband had a pork dish that was just a tiny bit to dry but otherwise the food experience was great. The view is also really nice.

Reviewed 16 September 2015

A romantic river-side setting with candle-lit tables sounds perfect for couples, and the food was, on the whole delicious. The baked fish and vegetables was perfect, except for the potatoes, which were virtually raw and the staff were non-plussed and offered no alternative or remedy. Otherwise thoroughly recommendable.

Reviewed 16 August 2015

All the seating was outside on the sidewalk which runs along the edge of the river. When we arrived, there was only one table available but it was in the sun. I noticed two tables in the shade that were not set up. I asked the waitress if she could set up one of the tables in the shade because we didn't want to sit in the sun. She said she didn't have time to set up a table and if we wanted a table we needed to sit in the sun. About that time another couple arrived, and they did not want to sit in the sun either. So the owner came out and set up the two tables in the shade. When the waitress bought us our menus it was obvious that she was still irritated with us for not sitting at the table in the sun. Her not-so-friendly manner continued for some time, but as the restaurant thinned out and she was under less stress she became more and more friendly. Towards the end of our meal she was extremely friendly and turned out to be one of the best waitresses we've ever had. One thing that caught my attention was the waitresses' fingernails. They were so unusual I took a picture of them which I have attached. She does them herself and it takes her two hours.

I had the antipasto of affettati and cheese and the ravioli for my primo. For her antipasto, my wife had the terrine of duck with red onion marmellata and a primo of sesame seed encrusted tuna and julienne strips of zucchini. For dessert we split a seada that was by far the best we had the whole time we're in Sardegna. This saeda was covered with both powdered sugar and honey. A sevada, also called seada, is a fried pastry filled with lemon flavored cheese and is drizzled with honey or powered sugar or both. It is a specialty of Sardegna and it is fabulous. We ordered it every time we saw it on the menu.

Everything was excellent, especially the rolls which were hot and had a chewy texture. After eating Sardegna flat bread for two weeks we were ready for anything that had a chewy texture.

The restaurant has free Wi-Fi so my wife took the opportunity to upload her photos to Carbonite. This was a real plus since we had not had access to Wi-Fi for some time.

Great service, wonderful food and free Wi-Fi. What more could you ask for?

Reviewed 15 August 2015 via mobile

We dined here during our honeymoon in Bosa.

Great location along the river.

Really enjoyed the excellent food and the very friendly and quick service!