ZenHotels.com
FindHotel
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 28, 2019

We had a really great time at Parco Blu. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, the pool is absolutely great for kids. The quality of the food was outstanding. The hotel is a short walk from the promenade. Cala Gonone has a lot to offer, and I recommend Parco Blu to anyone who wants to visit this beautiful part of Sardinia.

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed June 20, 2019

We spend there 3 nights. I have never tried such exquisite Italian cousine as in this hotel! The food was simply amazing . Great variety of food. Everything very fresh, beautifully arranged. Taste that you can only dream of:-). Thanks to a Sicilian Chef we've had there a time of our lives. Definately worth recommendation!

As for the hotel, they should really change the quality of bed pillows. Now they are hard as a stone:-). I didn't like it at all....

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed September 29, 2018

The hotel took our passports and failed to give them back. Admittedly we forgot, but we're from the UK where this is not normal and in fairness a day chilling by the admittedly nice pool contributed to this.

But they didn't hand them back, didn't contact us to say they still had them, and gave a very cursory apology for our 5 hour round trip to retrieve them.

Passports are stored in open pigeon holes behind the counter - security is terrible. I would not recommend staying here - they are far too lax about these important documents.

Room tip: Don't stay here
Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed September 16, 2018

It's been almost a month since our stay at the Parco Blu. My husband and I booked the Parco Blu as a treat to ourselves for our 25 year anniversary and we stayed for nine of the most joyful and relaxing nights of our lives. We booked one of only two of the superior rooms that they have- if you can splurge, I highly suggest you treat yourself to the superior room. It was HUGE! Absolutely gorgeous! The design was very chic minimalistic, with tile that looks like wood, and a huge balcony with stunning views of both the ocean and the mountains, and a private jacuzzi, that we used almost every night! So romantic! The room was spotless, and always cleaned spotlessly. The food at the Parco is absolutely delicious. We did the full board option, thinking that we would probably go out for some meals, because we might get sick of the food. We never did. All of the food was made with love, like something your Italian grandmother would have cooked herself. Plus, every night they fired up the grill and had pork, fish, shrimp, steak,,,,something for every taste. I read some of the reviews where people complained about the food. My husband and I are world traveled. We live in New York and we love fine dining. We are very picky about our food, and we were SO impressed with the quality of the food at the Parco. My biggest complaint would be that they would overfill my plate when I'd ask for "just a little bit!" I also don't understand the complaint about this place being geared for Italians. We could not have been treated better. We are Americans. We do not speak much Italian, but we try as well as we can. The owners of the Parco always went out of their way to greet us, and our servers were wonderful! We had a lovely couple from Rome seated next to us every night, who did not speak much English, be we attempted, as best as we could each night to socialize, and we LOVED them! It was a joy to go to lunch and dinner every night. Vacation is what you make of it!! We cherished our stay at the Parco. I will say this. The Parco is geared for families, more than couples. After dinner, there is a kids program that goes until midnight. We didn't mind at all, as we usually wen't out after dinner, or would have some drinks on our balcony. But if it's not your thing, this won't be the place for you. But it sure was the place for us, and I would go back to the Parco Blu tomorrow if I could! I would also highly recommend doing the yacht trip to the exotic beaches that the hotel can book for you. It is an expensive day ($300 Euro, if you do it with the lunch, which is delicious), but a once in a lifetime experience, and completely worth it. We LOVED it, and I highly recommend doing it, to see some of the famous Sardinian beaches that you cannot drive to, and that you'll never forget!)
The day we had to leave, I did something that I have never, ever done. I stood on our balcony, and I cried!! I was so sad that we had to leave! The place had become so special to us....it just grows on you that much! We have traveled the world...this was our 5th trip to Italy...but I cried like a baby leaving the Parco. Thank you for the best 25th anniversary trip we could have ever asked for!!

Room tip: If you can afford the superior room, it's SOOOOOO worth getting...it's AMAZING!!
Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank amanda1969
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

We had such an amazing week at Parco Blu. The resort is small (probably no more than 40
rooms) and I think ran by a lovely family.

Location: it is well located from Cala Gonone’s centre, about 5 mins walk (or less). It is on top of the hill. This wasn’t a problem for us. My two children 8 and 3 loved the walk. Also a lovely walk to walk off all the yummy pasta and bread! It is overlooking the sea on one side and the mountains on the other side. We used to go walking in the eve for some gelato and there was also a night market. In town, there’s lots of restaurants, gift shops and the port to take you to all the caves and beaches.

There’s a grocery store right opposite and also a shop that sells all beach wear.

It is 1.5 hours away from Olbia airport, about 40 mins to Oresei and 2 hours away from Alghero.

Staff: all the staff were so helpful and cannot fault them. From the time we walked in, Monica at reception were expecting us and were ready with all the information and keys to our room. They were able to give us directions and also tips of where to go. We also had a problem with our air conditioner and got fixed straight away. Mario, the driver was brilliant, so as Antonio in the restaurant.
Excellent service!

Room: we thought the room was big enough. We had a family room and more than enough space for all of us and there was enough room to move about. The kids had bunk beds, which they enjoyed, enough room for our suitcases and a balcony overlooking the sea. Also
provided was a dryer to hang our swimsuits and towels. There’s also a small fridge and safe. No tea and coffee facility in the room..
The sunrise was beautiful to watch in the morning from our room.

WiFi was also available but kept on dropping so not too reliable.

Room was cleaned everyday. Towels changed daily and sheets every 3 days.

Hotel: very clean. You can see the whole team at work in the morning; lifeguard setting the sun beds and umbrella, Mario watering the plants, cleaners cleaning, restaurant staff with the guess etc. The best bit was no one running for sun beds so very civilised (thank goodness!!!)! The pool is big enough, there’s a jacuzzi, slide for kids, during the week they set up the net for pool volleyball and there’s a lifeguard.

There’s also a bar to buy your drinks using a pre-paid card (if you are on full board like us. any unused will be refunded back)

Just be aware that there’s a tourist tax charge which we weren’t aware of. It was only €21 for the week but something to be aware of.

There’s a shuttle bus, lovely Mario is the driver. He’ll take you to the beach, port, town. When your ready, then just call him and he’ll come and get you.

The hotel has an area on the beach and lifeguard too..
Also, you can borrow a beach umbrella from hotel if you decide to visit another beach like us.

There’s kids club as well as entertainment nightly.

Food: we went full board, which meant all meals all included plus your drinks, I.e. wine, water. They had different menu everyday and for lunch and dinner, they had good selection of salad, bread, fruits, pasta, meat (rabbit, lamb, fish, pork, chicken), fish (different kinds as well as shark!) etc. They catered for everyone. They had bbq every night, which was lovely!
Breakfast was pretty much standard, croissant, toast, cereal, plus hot breakfast if you wanted.

If you decide to be out all day, they can pack your lunch for you, just request it the night before. They can pack you either sandwiches, salad, pasta, chicken cutlet, then they give you water, bread and fruit.

Overall, we had a good time at the resort. We’d definitely come back again and definitely recommend it!!

Date of stay: August 2018