“The chicken here is fantastic!”

Bonchon Chicken - Lowell, MA
Ranked #47 of 282 Restaurants in Lowell
Description: Bonchon's Korean fried chicken is located in Lowell, MA. Experience authenticity with Bonchon's signature Korean food in a restaurant location near you.
Reviewed February 8, 2018

I've only "dined-in" here once. But I've taken out at least 50 times. If people write negative reviews it seems to be about how long the chicken takes to cook. That's why I call in my take out order and go pick it up. The food stays amazingly hot. In addition, if you love it as much as I do, then go for the lunch specials, which are offered only M-F from opening until 2:00. Their hicken is amazing (I prefer the soy garlic drums) and I love cole slaw as a side. A nice bowl of rice is also an excellent accompaniment. The people are so nice here. It's really special !!! I've introduced so many people to this chicken and they all love it, too!

Reviewed July 8, 2017

We went on a quiet afternoon. My husband ordered the hot wings and I had the soy-garlic wings. I thought my wings were great, and they came out sooner than expected. My husband didn't think his wings were that spicy, and he thought both wing types were just ok. My daughter had the bibimbap, but didn't care for it. (If you want great bibimbap in Lowell go to Sizzling Kitchen.) We also tried the bulgogi sliders and they were just ok. My husband was put off from going back again because he noticed a lot of dirty tables, our server was not very attentive, and the booth seats were too far from the table.

Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

I like this place, easy parking. They have a bar and a nice seating area. The food is really good, especially they wings are awesome!

Reviewed May 2, 2017

We've been to this restaurant several times. Love the soy garlic chicken. I'm not nuts about wings, so we get the chicken strips. Tried the combination soy garlic / spicy once, but the spicy was too much for me -- and I generally like spicy -- but the soy garlic has plenty of flavor. It comes with pickled radish, which combines so well with the chicken. Add some shumai and a cold beer and you're in heaven.

Reviewed April 27, 2016

I've been wanting to try Korean Fried Chicken for years so was thrilled to learn that Bon Chon had a location not far from my home. The menu is not extensive but we were intrigued by the Salmon Avocado Ball appetizer. It turned out to be generous in size and delicious. This place is really about chicken though. We tried both the spicy and soy garlic version. I like chicken wings to be well lacquered with sauce. These were not - but they still managed to be very flavorful. What is unique about Korean Fried Chicken is the incomparable crunch without excessive greasiness. I found it just as addictive as they advertised. There is definitely a place in the world for Korean Fried Chicken. One piece of advice - make sure not to overdo your meal here, as you are definitely going to want to go next door to Snowdaes for dessert.