“Great hidden Asian bistro”

Mandarin Asian Bistro
Ranked #39 of 289 Restaurants in Lowell
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese
Reviewed September 14, 2018

The place was way better than expected. At first it seemed kind of a hole in the wall restaurant, but once you walk inside it changes your perception quickly. Our waitress was extremely friendly and helpful in helping us decide what to try out from the sushi bar. All of the food we had was great and so plentiful that each one us had to have a take out box when we left. I would recommend giving this place a try and if you do take your time and enjoy the atmosphere with a few drinks.

Reviewed May 28, 2018

Came here to get to go during my lunch at work. Place was clean and service was pretty good. I ordered some sushi and the Lo Mein special. Parking is an issue as it is very scarce downtown and a lot of traffic as well.

Sushi was ok, didnt blow me away. I got the sweet shrimp roll and scallops. I dont recommend ordering it. The Lo Mein was ok, it wasnt dry but it lacked flavor.

Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

I have been dinning for many years, with Asian cuisine being one of my favorites. Started with hot and sour soup, one of the better ones I've had, favorful and just the right amount of heat. Followed with the single appetizer combo, enjoyed the garlic wings and the crab rangoon, which usually isn't one of my favorites. I had the beef with onions and peppers and fried rice. Beef was flavorful, peppers had a nice crunch. The fried rice reminded me of how it was made years ago, light not soggy enjoyed nice pieces of pork and peas in the rice Wife had the beef and broccoli hers was cooked with the same care. Sally was our watress she was very pleasant and made us feel very welcome. The Mandarin is now on the top of my go to asian resturant list

Reviewed June 2, 2017

Have had numerous lunches and dinners here, and never disappointed. Lots of locals eat here with a friendly neighborhood ambiance. Friendly staff and reasonable prices combined with the good food make this a nice stop for a casual meal. They also sometimes have entertainment, which is bonus. Outdoor seating is also available during the warmer season.

Reviewed July 6, 2016

Charming place in the middle of downtown Lowell. Modern decor with a very pretty full bar. Staff is very welcoming, efficient and personable. The food is above average.