“Outstanding Ramen, Authentic, Fast, and Flavor Explosions everywhere”
Review of 1981 Ramen Bar

1981 Ramen Bar
Ranked #50 of 289 Restaurants in Lowell
Reviewed June 11, 2018

Arrived an hour before the afternoon closing and sat at the bar. The nice young lady helped me select my entree and when it came, WOW!
The noodles were perfect, not overcooked. The chicken tender with a depth of flavors. The marinated egg was perfectly creamy and nice and the spices just right. The broth had depth and was so savory. This is my number 1 Ramen house anywhere in the world.

Reviewed April 18, 2018 via mobile

Had a very awesome lunch here today. They service was good with great food. Highly recommend this place if you’re in the mood for ramen or if you’re just in the area.

Reviewed February 16, 2018

It is a cozy restaurant in downtown Lowell. There are around 10 seats at the bar. I tried the Tonkotsu Ramen. It had pork belly and egg in a tasty soup. There were 3 levels of heat. I got level 2 and a side of heat in case I wanted more. It wasn't necessary. The food was delivered promptly by some very attractive waitresses. Unfortunately there was no chardonnay. I will return.

Reviewed January 13, 2018

Quiet atmosphere. Food is good and the ramen bowls are large. Drinks and dumplings are also very good. Our waitress Libby was very kind.

Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

First time here on a cold winter night, looking to warm up with Ramen! Small room so we waited 25 minutes for our table which wasn’t too bad. We had 2 mai tais that were good but not enough fruit juice so it was just straight liquor. They ran out of juice I guess.
Started with the pork bao buns. Thick moist pork with a little too much fat but the buns were nice. The dish ate one note not a lot of flavor just wish it had more kick.

I had the vegetable ramen with smoked chicken added to it. You can add extras to any bowl, next time I will add more noodles too. The ramen had great flavor with a touch of heat, Nori, and lime. The chicken was moist yet still too much fat on it. Biggest complaint is that it was not hot at all, I ate it but should have sent it back.
Ice cream dessert option was good with crispy roll surrounding it.
Overall good experience but I was expecting more, I will try it again soon since it has promise to be better