All reviews state capitol bank street roomy suite hush puppies front desk local art rooms are huge beautiful historic hotel mini fridge general assembly shockhoe slip hotel restaurant the entire staff another guest stay there again walking distance breakfast was delicious
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was here on business and throughout experienced service with a smile and felt valued as a customer and guest. Checked out very early and left for the airport at 4AM and even at that early hour had a friendly conversation with the front desk staff. Comfortable, spacious rooms. The hotel is quite unique in its history which I enjoyed reading about.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ChristinaN2060, General Manager at The Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Welcome to your new home away from home when you are on business in Richmond. We look forward to having you back with us. Hopefully you will be able to grab a bite to eat when you are with us next time

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great location, clean, excellent valet service, roomy suite and newly renovated! This hotel was everything we hoped it would be. Breakfast at the hotel restaurant was delicious. Easy check in and out too. No negatives at all.

Trip type: Travelled with family

We can't thank you enough for staying with us and taking the time to tell the world about about. We look forward to your next stay with us and hopefully next time you can stop by for dinner too in the restaurant.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I just checked into Commenwealth Hotel with an inspiring view of the grounds of the Virginia state capital, where Jefferson once walked. Welcoming me was Henry at the front desk, offering exceptional service of catering to my requests of a room with a view and early check in of my luggage. As for the hotel room, it is a suite with luxurious space. Most striking is the innovatine look to the room and the public spaces of the hotel. Yes, standardized chains offer predictability and comfort, by contrast, the Commonwealth is a classical hotel on the exterior and eye-catching experience of furniture and art inside the classical hotel. That said, the human makes the difference. Thank you Henry for your generous welcome.

Room tip: 505 = a room with a view
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Welcome Home! We are so happy you found us. Henry and our team work hard everyday to ensure a great stay for all. We can't wait for your next stay. We will be here waiting with a warm welcome!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My husband has always wanted to visit Richmond and see the historic site. This hotel is in a perfect location. Right across the street from the Capitol. We have a suite which is very Spacious and comfortable. Wonderful bed and pillows. Staff very attentive and helpful. I would stay her again.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to tell the world about us. We are so happy you found us. We look forward to your next visit when you come back to Richmond

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We could hear every word, sneeze, giggle, cough and snore from everyone on our floor. The walls were incredibly thin. View was terrible- right into another guest’s window that was only somewhat obscured by noisy HVAC machinery. Plumbing was noisy and hissed through the night. Shower handle and room door knob were loose when we arrived. The room was cute but the noise and lack of privacy were not worth a stay at the commonwealth

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank NorthStar758237
ChristinaN2060, General Manager at The Commonwealth, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your stay. I'm very sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I would love the opportunity to talk to you more about your stay. Can you reach out to me directly at christina.norton@smi-hotelgroup.com or call me at 804-418-3465. I look forward to hearing back from you.