Richmond Marriott
  • Restaurant
US$94
US$89
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsthe concierge loungeconvention centervalet parkingfront desk staffhotel restaurantgreat customer servicedowntown areaup to datehotel staffnice staybed was comfortablevalet servicechecking inindoor poolstarbucksdawnlobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 January 2012

The Marriott Hotels are my favorite places to stay based on the overall amenities, decor and service. However this one left me wanting more. The downtown location was probably not my best choice due to it's close proximity to the Convention Center and many people of questionable integrity coming in and out of the lobby. The parking was close, however the price changed over night while we stayed and when leaving we were expected to pay double. We of coarse refused since we paid the night before however this was not what we would have expected. The decor in the lobby was nice however the lobby had a bar/restaurant r in it with an open concept which made being in the lobby an unpleasant experience. When I asked for a copy of the "Marriott Story" I was told by the front desk that I could not have one. This was interesting to me and not at all what I expected. I would choose the Marriott in Short Pump if choosing the area again.

Room Tip: I would choose the upper floors since this is downtown location and not far from the VCU hospital.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2012

The hotel is nice but is not competitive with the surrounding facilities. It does not include wireless, microwave or refrig. Next door the Hilton does and is equal to the quality, pricing and location to the convention center. Marriott needs to update their amenities to stay competitive. Additionally Marriott decided the day before our arrival to not run the shuttles for the weekend because "there were too many people in the hotel". One reason you stay at a downtown hotel is to take a shuttle because taking the car in and out is expensive. I liked the service and facilities but it is simply not competitive. They assume since they are next to the convention center they do not need to remain competitive.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We stayed for one night -New Year's Eve. We really loved how everyone in the staff of the Richmond Marriott made us so welcome. I would love to come back and stay at the Marriott but I have to admit that it needs some changes. WHy were the hallways so hot? Why did the Starbucks at the lobby close so early? Why were the windows in our room so dirty on the outside?

Room Tip: Ask for the top two levels.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Came to Richmond with just my husband for a quick getaway, and this hotel was just right. It's large and well located with all the amenities. Friendly and helpful staff. Large, pretty lobby. Great gym. We had an upper-floor king room in excellent condition, wonderful beds and nice bathroom. No complaints at all!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2011

This hotel is just as you see pictured and well worth the cost. Staff are great, rooms are beautiful and clean. Was in town visiting friends, and they enjoyed the hotel so much, they'd come up w/ me in the evenings to hang out. I had a 2 night weekend stay. Didn't use parking. I parked on the street at night and was out and about during the day. Looking forward to a return stay. Thanks Marriott and Staff!

Room Tip: Higher floors has excellent views
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo