Free cancellation until 29/07
QualityInn
US$101
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$59
Best Western Plus Governor's Inn(Richmond)(Great Value!)
US$102
BestWestern.com
US$107
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

US$99
FourPoints.com
US$102
US$88
Sleep Inn(Richmond)
US$63
All reviewsthe concierge loungeconvention centerparking garagefull servicefront desk staffattending a conferencehotel restaurantgreat customer servicedowntown areaup to datevalet servicenice staythe room was niceindoor pooldawnstarbuckslobby
Reviewed April 23, 2018

I stay here twice each year for the Richmond NASCAR races. Nice accommodations; convenient to the races. Somethings have changed. The breakfast buffet was only fair; no omelets. Croissant was old and stale. Final complaint was room rates were too high. Two nights, 2 meals each day (breakfast was complimentary), and valet parking came to almost $1000. More than $70 in taxes. OUCH!

Room Tip: TP wouldn't stay on the holder.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

Serviceable for a meeting and the location is great for access to the convention center. The Marriott nameplate is like the Sheraton. Usually ok but not great. I wouldn’t stay there on a vacation or for the amenities. Actually, that’s unfair. The Club breakfast buffet was pretty good. The neighborhood has a way to go if you walk outdoors at night.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed April 21, 2018

Upon arrival, even though I had Mobil Check In, my room wasn't ready. They point me on a low floor rather than waiting till 4:00, even though they had confirmed my room was ready. They didn't offer me my bonus points or a market item, they just sent me to my room. The next morning I had an apology card under my door telling me they were sorry and were going to award me 5,000 extra points for the disappointing experience, but I never received the points!! NICE!!

The woman who checked me in was still being trained and was trying to get help from the second person at the front desk, but she was busy on a person cell call and so the trainee tried to do things so I feel bad for her too. Certainly will pick a different hotel next trip to Richmond. I can excuse the check-in issue but the note, without the actual points is ridiculous. I am a lifetime platinum elite and this is my first complaint ever with over 1200 nights!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Neil B, General Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2018

Greetings bobj579,
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel on tripadvisor. Brand loyalty is very important to us here at the Richmond Marriott and we appreciate your status. We are looking into your concerns and will be in touch very soon.

Reviewed April 18, 2018 via mobile

Quick overnight at this Marriott property.
No issues or problems, just had to recognize "Richard".
"Richard's" warm and genuinely friendly greeting as I entered the lobby area was just what I needed after a very long day.
After checking in, I remained in the lobby area waiting for a colleague. I couldn't help but notice "Richard" share the same gracious salutations with other guests; even addressing some of them by name.
Please see that "Richard" is recognized and is a wonderful representative to this Marriott property.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2018

Many aspects of this hotel are excellent, and many aspects of this hotel are truly inexplicably ghastly. Let's hit the ghastly bits first: Who in their right minds installs a toilet paper dispenser with controlled release? This means that if you try to pull a few pieces of toilet paper from this dispenser, the dispenser controls the release so that you can only get one tiny square at a time. This is the kind of design decision that seems to be determined solely by price or by unwise belief in advertising that suggests the hotel management can promote sustainable toilet paper use by providing a kind of toilet paper dispenser that was originally designed by Torquemada during the Spanish Inquisition.
Secondly, neither my husband nor I could sleep. The temperature in the hotel room was set so high that we kept tossing and turning throwing off cover after cover. The mattress did not at all temper the movement of one's bed partner, so that if one sleeper was restless, the other sleeper was tossed and turned along with the tossing sleeper.
The location of this hotel is so central that it is almost always fully booked. This means that the noise from one's fellow guests is inescapable. There is almost no soundproofing evident. And there are people around you at all times of the day or night.
Finally, there is a Starbucks in the lobby of the hotel, which was always completely jammed and out of a great many items whenever we felt the need for a latte.
So much for the downside of our recent stay, sufficient to insure that we will not be staying at this hotel ever again.

There were some very high positive points, however, and in fairness, I would like to lift up the really superlative service available from every member of the staff with whom we came in contact. From the valet parking, which was very efficient and swift from pickup to dropoff, to the housekeeping staff and to the wait staff at the concierge lounge on our floor where we able to get a delicious hot breakfast. The check in clerk took great care of us when we checked in, pointing out the amenities of the hotel as she walked us to the elevator.

Room Tip: To get a better room, choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Neil B, General Manager at Richmond Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2018

Hello Therry N,
Thank you for taking time to review the Richmond Marriott Downtown. I totally understand your frustration with the toilet paper dispenser.
I assure you this is not an issue in all of our guest rooms. I have notified engineering to ensure the one in your room gets switched out. We will also be looking at the HVAC in this room to ensure it is working properly. We do have a very busy Starbucks and will be expanding this area during our upcoming renovation. We are so excited with the changes we will be making. Thank you for your kind comments in regards to the staff here at the hotel. I will be sure to share your thoughts with the team.
Warm Regards,