“Love BBQ, Virginia and North Carolina flavors”
Review of Virginia Barbeque

Virginia Barbeque
Ranked #301 of 1,846 Restaurants in Richmond
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

Had lunch here last week after playing golf at Belmont. I love BBQ of all flavors, so I was pretty happy to have a choice. I prefer classic NC, which is with vinegar. Virginia has more traditional sauce.

I had the Classic NC BBQ Sandwich, which comes with slaw and two additional sides. I got the hush puppies and baked beans. I was very full after I ate everything! We were all hungry, but after lunch everyone was very satisfied.

I wanted to order the banana pudding for desert but I couldn't eat another bite. This place is in an old Esso Gas Station, and the sign is still out front.

The people were very friendly and service fast. Pricing very reasonable.

I will return on a future trip!

1  Thank 672donaldm

Reviewed May 2, 2017

I have passed this restaurant many times over the years, but never stopped. The food is great. I'm mad that I missed out all of these years. In the past few months I've gotten the family pack to take home when I'm in that area. For under 21 dollars, it's a great deal. There are no questionable bits to pick out of the BBQ, and the flavor is amazing. The baked beans and cornbread are great. The coleslaw is one of my favorites ever. It is a friendly place and the service is prompt. If you're in the area and like bbq, check it out!

1  Thank ATravelingGirl09
Reviewed January 4, 2017

Met my son, daughter-in-law, granddaughter here for a quick bite before visiting Lewis Ginter for the Christmas lights. Close, convenient. Friendly staff and the BBQ is absolutely delicious. All the fixins' to go with it are fantastic as well

1  Thank Tina H
Reviewed November 10, 2016

Want to try a sample of different bbqs from the area? Pork, beef, or chicken with a selection of VA or NC sauces, add in hush puppies, cold slaw and sweet tea. You're sampling southern in a comfortable, friendly stop.

Reviewed September 15, 2016 via mobile

Traveling back home but didn't want fast food we relied on TripIt to provide available options. We thought we were lost and then stumbled on a strip mall of neat shops and the VA BBQ diner. There was a great little shop called the Collectors Heaven, a consignment shop called Pass It On, a Brewery called Final Gravity, an old garage & antique car museum, a Bakery and VA BBQ; oh AND a Farmers Market. Something for every member of the family to enjoy. We unfortunately were rather late around 7pm so we didn't get to enjoy all the shops. VA BBQ, was reasonably priced and friendly service. They served a very true to the area VA and North Carolina BBQ. There was also TX style BBQ. I can not speak to the authenticity of the TX BBQ as I haven't had a wide variety of the Texas fare. They offered Mac-n-cheese and fried apples as a side. Both were delicious. Along with the novice platter we got a Carolina BBQ sandwich. The sandwich alone would have feed us both. It was filled with BBQ and regular white slaw. The setting is quaint. I would suggest ordering to go and then going to the brewery for a beer with your "picnic" lunch or dinner. All in all worth the stop. If you go let me know how the Banana Pudding is; we were too full to give it a try.