“Best Beef Brisket Ever”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: We Got Beef
Reviewed April 20, 2017

I've eaten a lot of BBQ and I crave this brisket. It's smokey, tender, flavorful, and just everything I want in brisket. Their sides...my favorites are the Texas Caviar and Jalepeno Mac & Cheese but the greens and corn bread are good too. It's a chill spot that is nice on a warm, sunny day. I also love their chocolate pecan pie.

JulietteAlamoBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Alamo BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2017

Thanks for your review, RSMAURY. We do pride ourselves on the brisket, and we're glad you like it, too. We make our sides in-house, and are glad you have so many favorites. Our Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie is made in-house, too. Thank you for your review. We're happy you like our food so much!

Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

Here's what you do: call in your order (I always go for the burrito), pick it up, then walk up the hill to Jefferson park. Find a nice bench overlooking the city, and enjoy.

In the last few months they've taken their food and service up a notch. Delicious Texas-style BBQ, and several options available.

Thanks for your review, Paul! We love that you love our food, and that you also enjoy our surroundings. Our patio and the neighboring park are so popular this time of year. Thank you!

Reviewed April 2, 2017 via mobile

Our son lives in Richmond and we were there to visit him. He lives a half block from this place and raves about it. We had ribs, candied yams slaw and he had a burrito with BBQ in it. All great but the ribs were off the charts. They were huge and meaty and smoked and very moist. The sauce was spot on. We will go back.

Thanks for your review, Randy! So happy that you love our food. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 21, 2017

I had been reading a lot of amazing reviews about this place and I was really wanting some good brisket and pulled pork but did not want to fire up my smoker to make it at home. My wife and I were severely disappointed in the entire experience and I felt kind of embarrassed to have pushed so hard to try this place out. The brisket was very much underdone and very bland. There was very little smoke ring on the brisket and was very tough possibly from being underdone or it was sliced with the grain of the meat. The pork was also very bland and not much smoke could be tasted. The sausage was actually the best meat that we tried at Alamo and possibly the best item that we tried period. The collards were okay but not amazing because they tasted very little of anything to complement them like bacon, ham hocks, or vinegar. For being as highly acclaimed as Alamo is and being listed on the Virginia Tourism's list of best Barbecue restaurants in the Commonwealth, I am very, very disappointed and am not in any hurry to return.

Reviewed March 16, 2017 via mobile

Had the Cuban Alamo sandwich. I liked the idea but they piled on onions. There are no onions in a Cuban sandwich, and they distracted from the flavor. I liked the hole in the wall atmosphere, no indoor seating and the day I went it was 40 outside. I don't like a 8 dollar sandwich that doesn't come with a side or drink. I may return to try the brisket, that is the barometer of a good BBQ joint.

Been to Alamo BBQ? Share your experiences!