“I can't comment on the food because the service was so bad I never got any”

River City Diner Northside
Ranked #259 of 1,764 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$9 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: At River City Diner, we are known for our Breakfast, Burgers, Shakes & Fries! If you are looking for quality American food in an all-American atmosphere, this is the place for you. We grind our burgers in-house every other day and our fries are fresh-cut. You'll also be happy to know that we offer a wide variety of sandwiches, soups and salads. A few of our famous items are our Simply Better Bacon Burger, Richmond's Best Reuben, Mandarin Chicken Salad, and for breakfast the Here's Lookin' at You Kid or our Bacon Pancakes! Breakfast is served all day.
Reviewed January 18, 2018

I went into the diner and there were three other customers in there. Maybe that should have told me something. The hostess seated me and, while I was waiting for my server, I picked out what I wanted and started looking around. Nice decor. The other customers already had their food. Ten minutes later when my server still had not come by even to take my drink order I walked back out.

Reviewed January 7, 2018

Perfect diner and great music in background. The service was superb, Chayron was our server. My husband had meatloaf and loved it. Highly recommend. Lunch for two was $27.

Reviewed December 14, 2017

What a wonderful place !! Waitress was so nice and knowledgeable. I asked about the menu and received a great meal. Coffee was delicious and in a nice mug. I had the banana pecan pancakes and they couldn't have been any better !!

Reviewed November 9, 2017 via mobile

My friend took me to RCD many years ago and I was very happy to see they make large blueberry pancakes with a nice crisp edge. It is very hard to find a restaurant that makes pancakes with fresh blueberries and they cook fluffy and large. In addition, I love their decor. It's a '50s theme. It is clean. The staff is friendly. Last month I went and used a Groupon. How exciting. I don't know if that is new to their business plan, but to get good food at a discount is always a good thing. Try a Groupon if you are wary about trying the food.

Reviewed November 6, 2017

16 high school girls, a slew of parents and friends all at once and they were speedy and delicious. My girls kept raving on how great the food was. The eggs were all cooked to their liking and they the servers treated them well, I only stopped in to get a coffee, because wasted my time dealing with hotel management and did not have time to order food. The waitress insisted on making a me to go box with bacon, fried apples and this huge, buttery, savory biscuit as well as prepared me a coffee. all within a few minutes and all with smiles and heart warming banter about how breakfast is important for coaches :)
I will be making a trip to Richmond later this month and I will be sure to make stop in to this cozy, yummy diner!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED