“Great Lamb Chops”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Located inside the Town Center underneath Hotel Hyatt House
Reviewed June 22, 2016

I experienced this restaurant back in 2012. I enjoyed the experience. My favorite dish were the lamb chops. I would go back again.

Reviewed June 4, 2016 via mobile

Pros:
They probably serves the most authentic Indian foods in town, delicious!

Cons:
Overpriced compared to the quantity.

Reviewed May 20, 2016

I don't normally eat Indian food, but for some reason I got a strange craving for some. Found this place on Yelp, but it was a bit of a challenge to find. I called the restaurant for help, and aside from giving me a few landmarks (which initially were not helpful, given that I'm not from here), they didn't offer much. I told the guy on the phone what stores I was near, and he said that he couldn't tell me where the restaurant was in proximity to my location because "I don't go to the rest of the mall like that".
*sigh*
Ok...

Fortunately, that was the worst part of my trip. Eventually I found it, but I was even more annoyed to find out that I was literally on the wrong side of the mall. Just had to drive around the corner.

I started with one of the restaurant's "Mocktails", the Lycee Ginger Bliss. It was a spicy, sweet, and refreshing start to the meal. As an appetizer, I enjoyed the coconut curry scallops. And when I say enjoyed, I mean I could have luxuriated in a bathtub full of that rich, delicious, flavorful curry. The scallops were about the size of silver dollars; plump and delicious and cooked perfectly. I almost wanted to forgo an entrée and order another plate (or two!) of them. Instead, I decided to see what other seafood delights the restaurant had to offer, so I ordered the Seafood Kerala Curry with more scallops (yay!), prawns, and sea bass. It was an excellent dish and portioned perfectly for one. The basmati rice on the side had no flavor, but was good for soaking up the rest of the curry. I preferred to leave that job for the delicious garlic naan, though.
The restaurant is dimly lit with beautiful, tasteful decor, and has kind of a sexy ambiance to it. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit here. It was well worth the 20 minute drive (in a big circle, no less) to find it. If I find myself in Short Pump again, I'll definitely be back.

2  Thank msfiyah01
Reviewed May 18, 2016

Very good Indian food.
The service was excellent. The waiter took the time to go over the wine selection, he took the time to explain the different menu items. We were a party of 6. We ordered the samosas that were really good. We also asked for the gobhi Manchurian, the best so far from any other Indian restaurants. I asked the waiter how do they make it, and to my surprise he gave me the recipe..
We had chicken tikka masala, Pahadi Baingan, Khoya Lamb. The taste was amazing! We ended up making it a buffet, because we ended up tasting everyboby else's dish.
The portions were generous and we had rice and naan as needed.
Defenitely a go back again restaurant.

Reviewed May 12, 2016

Went there on Mother's Day and every Indian mother in town was being treated by family - a sure sign of good Indian food. Nice and tasteful contemporary decor and very good wait staff. We got a good recommendation - they were out of the lamb shank but offered to give me the lamb chops with the same sauce and it was excellent! Very good Naan and good Indian beer as well. Only problem was the noise - the place is all hard surfaces so the sound bounced around and made conversation difficult.

Been to Lehja? Share your experiences!