“More Walking than Talking”

Eerie Nights Ghost Tour
Ranked #21 of 32 Tours in Richmond
More attraction details
Owner description: Join Eerie Nights for a walk through Richmond's Shockoe Bottom that you will never forget. You will be lead by our ghoul guides and told stories of the ghosts that haunt the city.
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Thought this might be fun but there was little information given and the only ghost was the guide. Could be a lot better but this may have been the guide we had. Not recommended.

2  Thank Explore_Our_Worlds
in 5 reviews
"fun"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband and I took this ghost tour on Halloween night. It was a fun ghost tour, and a different way to spend Halloween together! It's a good way to see part of downtown Richmond (including the canals), as well as to hear some of the more grisly stories about some of the supposedly haunted locales. The guides were fun and informative, and the girl even graced us with a haunted melody at the end, which went along with the tone of the evening perfectly. We haven't taken many ghost tours to compare it to, but we really enjoyed ourselves on this one!

Date of experience: October 2013
3  Thank Stephanie S
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I took this tour with my Mother, having been on similar tours in Georgia and NC. I have been on tours where you didnt see much of the city but on the Eerie tour I must admit that we walked through areas where I got a great view of the city and it was breathtaking. The guides did a wonderful job, I really enjoy the theatricallity, costumes and special effects. The stories were at times very disturbing. This tour is a spooky and fun way to spend an evening.

If you want to do something different and leave feeling a bit eerie then I would recommend this. If walking isnt your thing then this is not for you. I am a seasoned walking tour guest.

Date of experience: June 2011
7  Thank mad1988
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Me and a group of my family and friends went on this Ghost Tour a few weeks ago and thought it was great!! The tour guides were fun and interesting and the stories were creepy and also told some history about the locations. The walk around the city at night is creepy but this is not a haunted house but it is different and fun. I am planning on getting another group together and go again.

6  Thank shmoopy23
See more reviews
Reviewed October 15, 2010

My boyfriend and I had higher expectations for the tour and I'm not sure if it was worth the ticket price. It was a long walk around Richmond, so make sure you wear comfy shoes if you go! We live here and it's rare that we ever see the city on foot. The tour wasn't really scary, but since it's around Halloween time it was a change from the regular haunted houses and hay rides, but I wish there were more stories. Within the 1hr and a half tour the guy probably told 5. Honestly it was probably scarier just walking there at night, he took us to some creepy places!

7  Thank LuvVA