Review Highlights

Fun!

Reviewed November 21, 2013
Stephanie S
Leavenworth, Kansas

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 29, 2014

Some walking tours can be too long or too boorish. This was neither. Based on the stories (a few at each of about 7 stops), there seem to be a couple interesting encounters each month that happen during tours. Check your film/images closely! And the military discount makes this a definite tourist bargain must-do event. The guide is very knowledgeable and considerate (a comfortable walking pace and waiting for occasional street noise to diminish before talking)

4  Thank Kauai-Biz-Traveler
Reviewed August 27, 2014

The guides were very funny, we used an on line voucher which gave us $3 off out tickets. This is the walking tour through the city at night, I took our 12 year old, and it was both interesting and slightly scary for her. It was very informative about the history of the gruesome past, they started at 17th Street Market which was the place where African Americans were sold as slaves, this was very real and sad but with painted faced ghoul guide it felt slightly uncomfortable but the guides were brilliant. One of them was very funny and she was so sensitive at the so called 'Negro' burial ground, she asked that people did not smoke or touch the walls in respect of the dead African American Slaves long past. We visited the Governors mansion, which was great for photos. We went to a church and walked around it, there was supposedly a terrible fire, we dashed across a roundabout which was more scary than anything. They spoke a lot by the canal/river telling us the terrible tales of poor people who drowned unnecessarily. Overall we had a good time, laughing listening and walking. Take water with you in summer and warm jacket in winter, good shoes - flats or sneakers/trainers.

3  Thank Bee B
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Thought this might be fun but there was little information given and the only ghost was the guide. Could be a lot better but this may have been the guide we had. Not recommended.

2  Thank Explore_Our_Worlds
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband and I took this ghost tour on Halloween night. It was a fun ghost tour, and a different way to spend Halloween together! It's a good way to see part of downtown Richmond (including the canals), as well as to hear some of the more grisly stories about some of the supposedly haunted locales. The guides were fun and informative, and the girl even graced us with a haunted melody at the end, which went along with the tone of the evening perfectly. We haven't taken many ghost tours to compare it to, but we really enjoyed ourselves on this one!

3  Thank Stephanie S
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I took this tour with my Mother, having been on similar tours in Georgia and NC. I have been on tours where you didnt see much of the city but on the Eerie tour I must admit that we walked through areas where I got a great view of the city and it was breathtaking. The guides did a wonderful job, I really enjoy the theatricallity, costumes and special effects. The stories were at times very disturbing. This tour is a spooky and fun way to spend an evening.

If you want to do something different and leave feeling a bit eerie then I would recommend this. If walking isnt your thing then this is not for you. I am a seasoned walking tour guest.

7  Thank mad1988