“Great and convienent”

Red Roof Inn - Richmond South
Ranked #39 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
“Great and convienent”
Reviewed 20 April 2012

This place is in a great location and the property is fairly quiet. I enjoyed staying here on my way to florida so much I can back on my way home. The employees had a great attitude especially panther if I recall that's her name. she helped me find a great place to eat and also a place to do laundry. I will definetly come back on my next drive through

• Stayed March 2012
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences from your recent stays at my property. We are grateful that you gave us a chance and elated that you returned and now have us as your lodging stop when you are coming through Richmond. It was a pleasure for my staff to assist you in locating a good restaurant and a place to do laundry. My staff and I look forward to seeing you on your next trip. Have a great Spring!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Round Pond, Maine
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Stayed here twice on a recent trip from Maine to Florida. The night staff was not extremely friendly, but check-ed us in quickly. Room was large, clean and comfortable. Microwave, Fridge, flat screen tv, and free wi-fi. Free for pets also which is the main reason we stay at Red Roofs. Morning staff was very friendly and efficient. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at my hotel. I am glad we were able to get you in a nice clean room promptly that had all the amenities you were looking for. I will follow up on this and provide some additional training to improve our service so that you get the same great service at check-in as well as check-out. We appreciate being a mid-point on your long journey and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip. Have a Great Spring!!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I chose this place after reading Trip Advisor reviews. Found exactly what I expected - clean, convenient and pleasant place. The Manger was quite visible and asked if everything was satisfactory as he made his rounds. His attention to details shows. Front dest staff was very friendly and helpful and the room was spotless. Comfy bed and plenty of towels.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RCKTRAVELER
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
We are thrilled to hear that your stay with us was clean, pleasant, and comfortable. We thank you for sharing your experience with us and others. I see you are a senior contributor with 22 reviews which makes this even more special & rewarding to me and my staff. With our renovation complete our rooms are at their best value ever. Have a great spring and we look forward to seeing you again when you are traveling.
New Jersey
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I chose this hotel due to the location and the price. Especially for the price, I really don't think you could do any better. It's right off I-95, so the access is very easy. There is a Subway, McDonald's, and American restaurant right there. The front desk was very prompt and helpful. The room was clean and smelled good. I didn't try the Wifi, but I know that it is available. There was no noticeable noise, and I found that I slept quite well. Overall, a very comfortable, convenient stay, and I would recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Topeze314
Thank you for your kind words of recommendation. We are always happy to hear when we are able to exceed someone’s expectations. We are always looking to improve on the guest experience. With our new rooms at our price we offer a very good value to the traveler. Have a great spring and we hope to see you next time you are in the area.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I have not stayed at a Red Roof Inn before this one. We were travelling with our dog and wanted a hassle free place to stay. I didn't know what to expect when entering the room as this is what I consider a budget hotel. Entering the room I was surprised by the condition of the room. The laminate floor was great, I wish all hotels had solid floors. The bedding was not out dated. It had everything we needed, comfortable beds and clean bathroom. It does not offer breakfast but does have coffee every morning in the lobby. Hairdryers are not in each room, but the front desk does have them if you need it. A McDonalds is across the street so we walked over every morning for breakfast. There is not much around this hotel in the way of dining so you have to drive a few miles (exit 61) for dining choices. It is convenient to the interstate. I would stay at it again and now won't discount Red Roof Inn's in other cities when I am searching for hotels.

Room Tip: no elevator so upper floors you have steps to climb.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank knoxtraveller
Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to serve your lodging needs. Our new flooring and bedding has brought some very good reviews. Our pet friendly property is a choice of many pet lovers. We appreciate your comments on the cleanliness and convenience of our property as well. We look forward to seeing you again real soon in Richmond or at another one of our Red Roof Inns.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I just gotta let you all know that I was checking in for one night at this particular Red Roof and Ms Renny at the front desk was so nice and helpful that me and my girls decided to stay another night for comfort and plus she made sure there was always fresh coffee int the lobby! Thanks Ms. Renny I hope to see you the next go round.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
We thank you very much for choosing to stay with Red Roof Inn in Richmond, VA and giving us a try. It is twice as nice when you decided to stay a second night. I am glad Renny was so helpful and that she was able to make you and your kids feel welcome and comfortable. We try to keep coffee up 24/7 and fresh as many guests like that service. Have a great spring and we look forward to seeing you on your next go around.
Jacksonville
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I chose this motel because of its consistently good reviews on several different sites. I arrived after midnight, was treated very pleasantly by the night clerk, and was happy to find a clean room with no odors, great wireless connection (and I was far from the lobby), nice TV. No complaints about the room. I left in a hurry the next morning, and didn't ask at the lobby, but I didn't see any breakfast set up, just a coffee maker. Very easy to get to from I-95 - you can see it from the exit. Will definitely bookmark this hotel for my frequent trips north.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank lauriemcv
KenVincent, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Richmond South, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Thank you very much for your review and book marking Red Roof Inn Richmond South for your future trips north. We work hard to satisfy all of our customers and we appreciate you noticing this and sharing it with others. Our new rooms are very nice especially with the new flat screen TV’s and free Wi-Fi in every room. Several guests comment on the ease of getting to us right off the Intrastate. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip through Richmond, Virginia. Have a great Spring!!