“Great Veggie Pho”

Phoenix Garden Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #115 of 1,846 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

The vegetarian pho was fantastic. MY first time trying pho period. Delightful aromatic experience. Portions large. Nice friendly family owned Vegan restaurant was open late for our 9 pm meal on way to Norfolk. Not a lot of customers but definitely will return here as will my daughter who live in VA.

Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

Great steamed vegetable bun and pho. My wife was skeptical of this place because of the way it looks, but the food and staff are excellent! Fast friendly service and hot delicious healthy clean food. Try the ginger kombucha!

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

I mostly want to write because the owner and his wife are so welcoming, friendly and engaged in small talk. We stopped while traveling on I95. The pho broth is so delicious. Spring rolls were yummy. And I tried kumbucha for the first time. Many enjoying meals were regulars because you could tell by the conversation between the owner and customers. It’s a very simple and clean place with excellent food.

Reviewed February 27, 2018

Because Phoenix Garden was close to the hotel, I decided to go to this veggie restaurant vs the one in downtown Richmond. When I pulled up on the restaurant I almost turned around but because the reviews were so good, I decided to take a deep breath and go in. This was on a Tuesday night and it was completely dead. There was a lady waiting at the bar for food and one other patron eating when I went in. Of course, I was truly skeptical at this point, but again, my fellow Yelpers had me pulled in.

I was pleased to see a headliner that read, "All food is vegan", so I ordered the Vegan Pho and Chik'n nuggets (as an appetizer) from the very pleasant server. The meal came out fairly rapidly and boy was it huge. Everything was fantastic. It was so filling that I felt it was Thanksgiving all over again.

It was so good, in fact, that I went here the next night. There were a few more people in the restaurant but I knew what to expect. I had my eyes on the Banh Mi sandwich. It was huge and delicious and came with fries, an Asian salad, broth, and an orange. So much food for a fair price.

Love this place and will certainly come back when I visit Richmond again.

Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

I love that everything is vegan. Also, everything is so fresh and delicious. The Phò is amazing! I also like the corn nuggets. Don’t forget to order the vegan funnel cake. Yummmmm!