“Comfort food at its best”
Review of Joe's Inn

Joe's Inn
Ranked #34 of 1,846 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Classic Americana comfort food. HUGE portions and a great variety of food. Service was good and the restaurant was clean.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed June 4, 2018

We tried Joe's 3 months ago for the first time since in walking distance of VMFA/VHS. Had decent lunch, nothing outstand but was good. My wife had "homemade" chicken salad sub. I tasted the chicken salad, we both agreed, it was fine but boring...didn't stand out as being homemade. Sub roll also avg. I had eggplant parm sub. I was very happy with it, same sub roll but I had it toasted and w/very good eggplant parm, gooey cheese and plenty of sauce. I used knife and fork to protect my shirt. They have very large blackboard full of beers/ciders and a few wines. Really interesting beers/wines. Thinking about it I think I'd say a destination place for beer/ciders and huge menu of comfort food. We ate on the bar side this time and for a meal I prefer the DR side, wider not as dark.

Joe's has a long history and nice neighborhood feel but just don't expect anything cutting edge w/food. I wouldn't go out of my way to drive to Joe's but if in area wanting lunch and a beer/cider nice place to drop in. They are busy even at 1:30 PM.

Reviewed May 30, 2018

Stopped in just a short distance off the Interstate on our way through Virginia for a Sunday noonday bite. The atmosphere is casual, the service excellent, the proportions large, the choices plentiful and the quality very good. The latter drew the 4 from two of us, the third wanted a 5 for the egg dish. While my sub was very good, my onion rings were excellent. Parking was on the street, for us around the corner. At least VISA was welcome. Monument Row (Confederate Persons) is very near for those with interest.

Reviewed May 16, 2018

Busy and loud but fun. We had omelettes and biscuits and gravy and the "nickwich" and all were good. The service was quick.

Reviewed May 5, 2018 via mobile

The environment is nice & the staff was very pleasant. I ordered spaghetti & she got blackened fettuccini alfredo(I believe that’s what it was called). The spaghetti was, well, spaghetti. Not bad my any means, but not my favorite. Her pasta was absolutely incredible!!