“Brunch ”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

I came here specifically because the menu online said they were still serving breakfast. They serve breakfast here until 4pm and the menu is fantastic. Cute and quaint location with street parking near VCU parking deck. Full bar, Self seating, a little small so great for a lunch date. You can bring kids but I don’t recommended because of size. Food took awhile to prepare but came out beautiful and was delicious. Service was excellent. They do carry out and delivery through a third party as well

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Great for eating and people watching. Vegan and non-vegan can find a good meal reasonably priced. I’m not vegan but love bed the vegan chili and a “chicken” salad vegan sandwich. Wife had her regular non-vegan eggs. Daughter had complete vegan meal that was excellent along with the same chili I had. She had to take it to go because she couldn’t finish it.

It’s often crowded. Staff were attentive and friendly.

Parking can be a problem. But it’s close to VCU so give it a shot.

Reviewed September 3, 2018

A short walk across the VCU Monroe Park campus, my son and I had a delicious breakfast. The food is fresh and the portions are large. He loves biscuits and gravy. The biscuit was three to four inches in diameter and the gravy offered was either pork or vegetarian. I ordered a side of grits with my eggs and the portion was enough for four servings. It was well cooked and thick. I added only butter, it needed nothing else. I took half of it home. The service was quick, friendly, and efficient.I can't wait to visit again and try something else.

Reviewed June 29, 2018

Ate breakfast here twice in the past month. Both times, every item we had was very fresh and of the highest quality. Biscuit was light, fluffy and flavorful. Rosemary potatoes were cooked to perfection and seasoned exquisitely. Good-sized omelet had perfectly crisp bacon and real cheddar cheese. Lemon curd French toast was bakery-fresh and was so good we ordered it on our second visit (we're not even fans of French toast). The fruit with the French toast was in-season and fresh. Service was excellent, we were greeted as soon as we walked in the door. This is now on our "go-to" list whenever we might find ourselves in RVA.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

Since moving to the Fan four years ago, we've eaten out, on average, two nights a week, and have rarely had a meal I would call disappointing. Tonight, however, was one of those rare nights. Overcooked bean burger, served on a dry and over-toasted bun, accompanied by tasteless French fries, all served by a waiter who seemed to be delivering poor service to a half-full restaurant (It's a Monday in the summer near a near-vacant college campus.) We were drawn in by the discounted burger night, only to discover that there was a separate charge on the bill for the unappetizing French fries. Who does that? The meals of the other members of my party were equally meh. We had to endure the bad meals in order to discover how bad 821 was. Please learn from our mistake. There are so many other good places in the Fan where your money would be better spent.

Date of visit: June 2018