“Good food at a family oriented restaurant”

Bella Luna Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #388 of 1,845 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

I recently visited this restaurant for the first time with a group of seven friends. I found that the menu was incredibly diverse with offerings including salads, pasta, traditional Italian dishes, and sandwiches. The server appeared to be the owner himself and was quite friendly. The food arrived promptly and as ordered. It is significant to note that the portions were rather large. The food was quite good. I ordered chicken marsala, and it was fantastic! The storefront of this restaurant is quite unassuming and is located in a strip mall. However, the food is definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed September 4, 2017

We had dinner there recently. We were both exhausted from an exceptionally long flight and this place was just the ticket. The waiter was incredibly friendly and helpful and the food was good, perfect for a quick stop-over

Reviewed May 1, 2017

With plenty of pasta and anti-pasta dishes offered ,I decided to get their Cheese Steak special sandwich and it was one of the best steak sandwiches I have had in quite some time.The 12 inch portion was filled enough to split and feed 2 comfortably.Steak was very hot and the additional items helped to contribute to a fine tasting sandwich.Also ordered an Italian sandwich that was filled with meat ,cheese,lettuce,tomato and onions.This cold sandwich was able to feed 2 people.Prices were very reasonable and service was top notch.Worth the trip for dinner.

Reviewed April 24, 2017

We were trying to find a different kind of restaurant besides the familiar old restaurants you find next to all hotels. We asked at the desk and the clerk gave us this name. It is a small family owned place. We were pleased. Our order was very varied...my husband ordered a special, I ordered eggplant parm, one daughter had a calzone and one had a steak and cheese sub. My husband thought his chicken a bit tough, but we enjoyed the meal. I don't eat meat and at many restaurants there isn't a lot to choose from for me...and here I could have had many. My daughter who ordered the calzone had the second half for lunch the next day. It was hard to find if you are not from the area...it is in a plaza.

Reviewed December 14, 2016 via mobile

It's a small family restaurant just off the I 95 north of Richmond . My wife had the minestrone , delicious and generous serving portion. But too much for her.
I had the Chicken Cacciatore. Lumps of chicken , mushrooms , pasta , onions with spinach , in a very savory sauce. Superb. We just couldn't eat too much after a 14 hour drive from Montreal
Very friendly service but the place looks tired: bare tables , simple wooden chairs , one long bench for everyone along the main wall. Needs a touch up.
But the food is good , service , for some reason was very slow. Across from the Sleep Inn where we were staying , more on that later.