“Great local spot”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I've been for both dinner and brunch and the food hasn't disappointed at either. Smoked chicken egg rolls are a MUST!
We try to remember to get there early because the live music is always good (as in, talent), but it's such a small venue for that added noise level. Once the rapid transit bus is completed, sitting outside would be an enjoyable way of avoiding yelling over the music.

Reviewed March 31, 2018

I had heard some good things about the Savory Grain so I went to have dinner the other night to check it out. The place has a nice vibe but the service and food were just OK .Our waiter seemed preoccupied with other things so we felt like an after thought. He missed a drink on our drink order, missed a special request on the dinner order etc. The food was also just OK, we had shrimp & grits that came out luke warm with some salads and meatloaf.The best thing we had were the brussel sprouts, they were awesome!! All and All I wanted it to be a better experience but it Missed The Mark!!

Reviewed March 5, 2018

This is a small restaurant which has a good reputation. However, it was crowded for dinner and there was a live music group playing, which made it very difficult to carry on a conversation. Menu was varied and our server was pleasant. Food was served promptly. Being from Louisiana, we ordered the Cajun Jambalaya and the Shrimp po' boy. The jambalaya was not tasty; the po'boy was O. K. One day we'll learn not to order Cajun food outside of south Louisiana - it's just not the same!

Reviewed February 3, 2018 via mobile

We love the RVA culinary scene. In a city where a good number of restaurants try to please the foodie palate, this place does not disappoint. We enjoyed the brussel sprouts and chicken egg rolls for apps. The chicken egg rolls were recommended by our server and they were spot on. Two in our party ordered the shrimp and grits and two ordered the meatloaf. Both were delicious. My husband said the grits were some of the best he’s ever had. There could have been another shrimp or two added, but the two who ordered the dish raved about the taste. The meatloaf was a very generous portion and was complimented by the sides quite well. Our server was very sweet and the bartender poured a good drink. Hand crafted cocktails were delightful. Loved the exposed brick walls. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

This place is amazing when it comes to seasonal, fresh entrees and charming atmosphere. I’ve never had a simple dish, such as fried green tomatoes, blow my mind! The filet mug on is mouth watering and the staff is delightful. The cons are that the place is right on Broad st with all the construction, so the patio is not an option for me. Inside it is very small and cozy so you’d better have a reservation or enjoy sitting at the bar. I will go to the Savory Grain over and over.