“authentic quisine, friendly staff, great value”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Farouk's House of India
Reserve with OpenTable
Farouk's House of India is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #640 of 1,846 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$25 - US$25
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed December 19, 2015

Had a window seat overlooking Carry street a few evenings ago. Owner was attentive, we had drinks and complementary papadums as soon as we were seated. Food was delicious, place is clean, comfortable and in a great location. Definitely a repeat for when we want decent indian food. Ive tried many in Richmond, but this is hands down the best indian food in town !

1  Thank James H

Reviewed April 14, 2015

I lived in Richmond many years ago and used to eat regularly at Farouk's. A trip to Richmond this past Thanksgiving led to me making a special trip to Farouk's to see how much it had changed. The answer is,

2  Thank William R
Reviewed April 14, 2015

Myself and boyfriend, decided to introduce one of our friends to try Indian food. We were in the Carytown area, so we figured this Indian restaurant had to be as good as other places we've tried in the area, but we were wrong.

My friend ordered the chicken tikka masala, which is Chicken Masala on their menu. I told him that was the way to go since it was his first time, and he got it medium hot.

I had the Chicken Jalferozee and I always get things as hot as it comes. And I can't remember what my boyfriend got.

We ordered garlic naan bread because that's my favorite, and had that to

1  Thank CieraPope
Reviewed September 28, 2014

Three of us had dinner tonight at Farouk's, which we've enjoyed before, and I wonder if it's under new management. I seem to remember that we liked the food much better in the past, but this was okay. We had Lamb Biryani and tasty naan with raisins and almonds. The woman who served us was efficient and pleasantly unobtrusive, the place was peaceful, and the price was right.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

I have been at this restaurant twice: lunch and dinner. In both instances I found the food to be of poor quality and not fresh, especially the shrimp. The prices are low, but so is the food quality. There are several good to excellent Indian restaurants in Richmond. No need to settle for low quality and just OK taste.