“One of our favorite locals eateries”

Shackleford's Restaurant & Raw Bar
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Description: “A Winning Formula” and “Worth the Wait” are just a few of the headlines describing Shackleford’s Restaurant & Raw Bar since 1993. We invite you to visit us and experience a locally owned restaurant with a personal touch. Our mission is to ensure each and every customer enjoys his or her experience and will return in the future. Shackleford’s has developed into a dining tradition in the West End of Richmond. The restaurant is family owned and operated since 1993.Our philosophy is to consistently provide quality service, the finest products, reasonable prices, and a relaxed yet festive atmosphere. The menu features a mix of regional American grilled and sautéed cuisine with an emphasis on fresh seafood and raw bar. Shackleford’s is a family name synonymous with the Chesapeake Bay area; we invite you to enjoy and experience the tradition of Shackleford’s.
Reviewed August 6, 2007

My husband & I went for dinner one Friday evening around 7:30. The place was packed (both inside and outside seating) and we were told there would be a 20 minute wait.

Not a problem. We headed to the large bar that occupies one side of the restaurant. The bar tender was very friendly and though there was a crowd quickly served up our drinks. My husband's martini was excellent, and the glass of wine that I ordered was very generous (also worth noting, I ordered the house wine - $5, and it was better than many $12 glasses I have had at other establishments).

The hostess came to the bar to let us know our table was ready. She was very friendly and told us not to rush. What a great change from pushy hostesses that are always pushing people to get seated so they can move on.

For an appetizer we had the Crab Remmick (a crab dip) which was excellent. Very creamy and packed with the right amount of heat and succulence.

My husband had the Salmon Oscar. The salmon was some of the best salmon I have ever had (and I typically do not like salmon). It was very moist, grilled to perfection and full of flavor.

I had the Crab and Shrimp Norfolk. This dish is out of this world. I would recommend it to anyone who loves seafood. The dish was accompanied with scrumptious grilled veggies (squash & zucchini).

They also have a wonderful raw bar and a decent steak selection.

The service here was wonderful. Our waitress was delightful - knowledgable and attentive.

We left here very content. We love this place and cannot wait to go back.

Tip - [--] sells gift certificates at a huge discount for this restaurant. We bought a $25 gift card for $10!

4  Thank GlamGirl83