“Good food, not fancy”
Review of spice of india

spice of india
Ranked #552 of 1,807 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed January 25, 2018 via mobile

A nice, quick place for lunch. I had the buffet, and they had good vegetarian options, plus meat for those who wish to have meat. (The Tandoori chicken looked amazing!) Loved the food. Fast food restaurant ambiance, but that's fine for a quick lunch place. Everyone doesn't have to be the Ritz Carlton.

Closer to the Virginia Capitol, which is good.

Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

Not good. Foam plates. Zero service, not even water. Food excessively oily. After eating one serving of vegetables, I noticed the pool of oil (see photo) Stomach cramps a few hours after eating.

There is a lot of great Indian buffets out there, this isn't one.

Reviewed September 24, 2017

We just attended an event catered by Spice of India. The food was exceptional, and wholly unexpected. Chicken was moist and nicely spiced. Bread yummy. The only reason I am not giving a 5 rating is that we haven't actually been to the restaurant yet. I am obsessing about going. I can't wait to try some of the many vegetarian dishes on their menu.

Reviewed November 8, 2016

This is a casual place with good food and fast service. The restaurant's menu was different from the one online, and I wasn't able to get what I wanted to order originally, but it was okay. I ended up with malai kofta and it was good, just spicier than I expected. It's worth a visit for some decent Indian food. I think they probably do most their business at lunch because I noticed the sign for a lunch buffet they do.

Reviewed September 5, 2016 via mobile

We stumbled across Spice of India when our original chosen dinner spot turned out to be closed. This is not a place to visit if you want soft lights, wall hangings, and sitar music. But if you want a fine Indian dinner for a quite reasonable cost you should check the place out. We had channa saag and it was better than good. But my top pick is the lowly vegetable samosa. Subtle spices that don't announce themselves all at once, but instead surprise you as you chew.

Definitely worth a try.