All reviews great location valet parking marriott properties shockoe bottom shockoe slip cobblestone street restaurants and bars sleeper sofa within easy walking distance canal walk parking deck free breakfast nice property highly recommend this hotel place to stay room was spotless breakfast bar
Reviewed April 18, 2018

I stayed here twice this Spring, about 2 weeks apart.
Seems to be a very well managed hotel. Front desk
people and other staff were pleasant, rooms comfort-
able and clean,very good price-included breakfast,
very reasonable price. Location is convenient to I-95,
government buildings,several historic locations and
museums.Additionally, there is a municipal parking
garage with reasonable prices directly across the street
from the front door. Residence Inn rooms have full
kitchens. If you want to eat in, research where grocery
stores are, as there don't appear to be any in the area.
Hotel is close to several nice restaurants and pubs.

Room tip: rooms close to nite spots pick up some lo level noise on weekend nites
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed April 9, 2018

First of all, the location of this property is incredible. It is smack in the middle of Downtown, but you would hardly know it. It is situated on a quiet, cobblestone street about two blocks away from the river. 20 walking steps away is Jimmy John's. 30 walking steps away is City Dogs which has great sandwiches and one of the best oatmeal stouts I've ever had. A block further is Urban Market Cafe for all you coffee and sandwich lovers. A block away is the Southern Railway Taphouse. Two blocks away is the Pipeline Trail and the Richmond River Trail which takes you all along the river. 3 blocks away is a quaint little bookstore. Right next door is the First Freedom Museum, which may be the best kept secret in Richmond, and it's free.

About the property itself- the staff is truly amazing. Every single one of them treats you like family. They are helpful with everything from restaurant recommendations to extra room keys to extra towels to a warm greeting from Ashton every time I walked in the door. I'm telling you, I felt like I was staying with pleasant family members. The room itself was immaculate with all the amenities described on the hotel's website, and for my money, one of the best things I can have from a hotel is no unpleasant surprises. The bed was comfy, the room was well-equipped, and the lobby had this gas-lit fireplace which just brought a cozy ambiance to the place. A couple of nights I simply enjoyed sitting by it with a drink. For being Downtown, it is incredibly quiet and actually serene most of the day. The valets are extremely friendly and efficient, and for the daily price of $26.00 (not bad, really) you get in-and-out privileges all day and believe me, given that I was there for my daughter's wedding, we were in-and-out quite a bit. The breakfast was very good, although I prefer bacon over sausage but seriously that's my problem.

The best part of this place is the staff. They are always so welcoming and so friendly that sometimes I'd sit in the lobby just to enjoy their pleasant-ness. Especially if you have large families, I would highly recommend this property. From its location to its amenities to its amazing staff, right down to the housekeeping, you will be so glad you stayed here. I plan to come back just to enjoy browsing more of this wonderful city and to enjoy the warm embrace of this incredible staff.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed at this property many times. I have had pleasant experiences most of the time, but have had a couple of housekeeping related issues before. The room that I stayed in was exceptional, it was room 654 and has a balcony. Had a great view of Shockoe slip and Shockoe bottom. This is a reliable Marriott property.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2018

I highly recommend the Residence Inn Downtown Richmond! Having stayed there for four years during the Virginia General Assembly Session, it's the best workspace and home-away-from-home I've ever had in the City. Staff is welcoming, hospitable, and helpful, starting with Brian, the General Manager. It's first-class all he way!

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

What a beautiful place and with history to go along with your stay. Everyone was great. Smiles all around. great people and the Food was great as well. Parking deck across the street was easy.. will return.

Date of stay: March 2018