“Fabulous meal”
Review of Tarrant's West

Tarrant's West
Reserve with OpenTable
Tarrant's West is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #93 of 1,806 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining
Description: Tarrant's West is the bigger and beautiful West End expression of the famous drug store restaurant from historic downtown Richmond, VA. Located in the West End, near Innsbrook and Short Pump, Tarrant's West boasts from scratch soup, salads, seafood entrees, steaks, and an extensive wine, beer and cocktail list. Tarrant's West is a full-service restaurant and catering company. The private dining areas, and outside seating are favorite features of locals and travelers alike.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Came here with large group of 8. Stayed way too long, but never felt rushed. Service was friendly, timely but not intrusive. Food was both appetizing and portioned well. We liked our whole meal: buffalo shrimp, hummus, Caesar salad, ribs
Thanks again for a great night

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

We arrived about 30 minutes and ally but was able to be seated immediately (thank you).
The staff from the valet, servers and hosts were wonderful. The restaurant was busy but the staff kept everything moving.
This special buffet brunch they have on Easter and I think she said Mother’s Day was extensive... something for everyone. They had everything from Prime Rib to Shrimp and Grits, pancakes, French toast and all of the breakfast meats.. That Chicken Marsala was the best I have eaten. They also had a omelette and waffle station where you can dress up the waffles and pick your own omelette mix. We didn’t find anything wrong with our food choices. Everything was delicious.

I highly recommend this brunch and will return.

Great job Tarrant’s staff you added to an enjoyable Easter Holiday.

Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

Yet another formula restaurant in the guise of one of Richmond’s iconic pharmacy spinoffs. Decent food but not more than that. NY strip was tough and bland. Chicken salad was small and nothing special. Mahi mahi was average but vegetables were bland nothing memorable. The saving grace was our waiter who was personable and thoughtful. But at the end of the day, one goes to a restaurant for the food, and service doesn’t make that any better.

Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

Although priced a little higher than your normal breakfast, the food is well above par. A great place to have brunch with house made cinnamon rolls to enjoy before your meal and delectable choices for entrees. If you are passing through town and need a place to stop, it’s close to the highway and worth the time to take a break. I look forward to stopping in again :)

Reviewed March 3, 2018

We came in mid week around 730PM w/out a reservation. Had a very nice dinner with excellent service. Though not a Richmond restaurant we are in the city regularly. Dine here about once a month. Normally if we get here this late usually eat at the bar since it tends to be less busy then the restaurant. This last visit was exactly the opposite.

There are 3 rooms, the main dinning room and two large rooms off the main. One of these has several booths that seat 6 comfortably. We got a corner booth in the back of the room, that was private and quieter then the restaurant in general. I really like the restaurants décor. The only con is for some reason the acoustics lend to a loudness that when full can make it hard to hear in the main dinning rooms. The restaurant sounded loud when we first entered but the noise on this evening was being generated from the packed bar, the DR where we were seated was fine.

Service was excellent as usual. The waiter mentioned that they had let some staff go early since the restaurant was slower then usual so was good for him. He had tables in our room and in the main room but did an excellent job.

We skipped apps since eating late and just had entrees. They always serve warm garlic bread dripping with butter that was great, took care of the hunger with both had. They do use large cloth napkins at the table settings which you will need after eating the bread. My wife had a dish we have often had, rockfish fillet pan seared w/artichokes, capers, lemon and garlic. Was a large portion served hot w/mixed fresh julienned vegetables and rice. My wife asked for mashed instead and the waiter said no issue. I know shrimp and grits has gotten a bit dated since becoming a smash 10 or more years ago. I hadn't had it here in years but ordered it. Man did they do a good job. Great depth of flavor. The dish is described as being served w/bacon, sausage, onions, peppers, tomatoes and cheddar cheese. The bacon and sausage were diced rather fine but the flavor was there. The dish had great depth of flavor. Often I have found that shrimp in this dish at many restaurants are almost just thrown in. Tarrant's dish had 5, probably 16-21, shrimp that had been cooked perfectly in a skillet and added into the dish. I can't recommend this dish too much, especially on a cool night when you're hungry. I doubt you will finish the whole serving, we were travelling or I would have taken what was left home to be nuked the next day.

They have a very nice zinc bar and excellent bartenders as well. My wife had a French Martini and loved it. I am a wino. The list is of medium size but easy to find a selection. I had a bottle of Jordan chardonnay for $ 68 which is a fair price for this wine in a restaurant.

Been to Tarrant's West? Share your experiences!