“Happy Hour”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2016 via mobile

HORRIBLE SLOW SERVICE!! We usually go to O'Tooles across the street every Wednesday after work but they had a private party going on so my coworkers and I decided to try Maldini's. There was hardly anyone there and everything from our refilling out water, to getting our drinks and food, took forever. The waitstaff were at the bar watching tv! This wasn't the first time we were disappointed either. Some of us had been there before and had the same complaints.

Reviewed December 10, 2015

Group of 12 mid-week evening. Very few customers. The group ordered a variety of entrees. Most complained of the food being over-salted. I ordered a 10" margherita pizza. It was nothing special. The crust was thin and crisp, but tasteless. The toppings, halved grape tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella, were lackluster. Prices weren't unreasonable- the pizza was $9-but I doubt that I'll make a return visit. Service was fair. There are other options in the same price range that are more impressive.

Reviewed September 14, 2015

I live in the neighborhood and have enjoyed eating at Maldini's regularly since it opened. The place is so worth your time for an authentic Sicilian meal. Most of the time I order from the specials and you absolutely cannot go wrong that way. We've had almost all the dishes over the years and most often get the Pasta Friulana, Linguini Pescatore, Chicken al Milanese, Bucatini alla amatriciana. Portions are large and leftovers are even better the next day. Chef Marcello does not skimp; he uses only quality products and takes the time with the sauces to make them perfect every time. Salad greens are fresh and dressings are always served on the side. We have not had a bad meal here in ten years! Seafood dishes are especially good. Mussels and calamari appetizers will have you making yummy sounds. Seafood is absolutely fresh. Pizzas are also excellent and I like that they have Peroni on tap. We especially like the steak and tomato pizza; also prosciutto and spinach. We ordered delivery just a few times over the years, always pizza, and service went smoothly. Maldini's crust is the best and I eat it all up. Save room for dessert! Pistachio ice cream... yum. Stracciatella... drool. Carrot cake is the best! If you're lucky, you will get to taste Chef's homemade fruit tart when he makes it. Cannoli... so crispy and creamy. I can get carried away because everything is so good!! We have not experienced any bad service, although of course some servers are better than others. Lots of booths and I appreciate the high backs for more private conversations. The party room at the back is great for large groups and I have hosted birthday parties and a dinner there. No worries as the staff took care of everything beautifully. Date night is a great deal during the weekday. The house Chianti is wonderful. Maldini's is the only Italian restaurant in the city for us.

1  Thank peselinger
Reviewed September 2, 2015

I attended a happy hour with a group of friends and then 20 stayed for dinner. The server made up an alcoholic fruit juice drink what was really good. I had the shark which I really liked. The back room was super for a large group.
Everything was good except for when it was time to pay the bill. Took 30 min. The interesting thing was there was staff just sitting who could have assisted.

Reviewed August 25, 2015

I consistently have been going to this restaurant for years. It is one of my absolute favorite Italian places in Richmond. I have tried the pizza, lasagna, pollo al limone, and chicken marsala. All are wonderful!

2  Thank rebeccak757

Been to Maldini's? Share your experiences!