“YEAH MON!!!!!”

Ranked #404 of 1,806 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Grew up in Miami eating dishes from the islands. Was told this joint had the real deal Jamaican food and they were right!!!! Small seating but the flavors made up for it!!! My manager got the jerk chicken and I had the steamed red snapper. It was like mom had fixed these meals herself!!!! Manager said his first time EVER having true Jamaican food!!!!!

Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

The food was authentic! It’s a small restaurant, right across the street from the VCU campus. The service was good. I love Jamaican food and was very impressed with the seasoning of the food. The prices also are reasonable.

Reviewed May 3, 2017 via mobile

Had the oxtails, redbeans with rice, and cabbage as a lunch takeout. It was oh, so delish!!!. The food was hot, tasty, and cooked to perfection. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed March 18, 2017 via mobile

I've been in Richmond most of my life and last week was the first time I actually ate inside the restaurant. Well, I was truly disappointed of how the inside looks. The bathroom is horrible and I didn't want to use it. There are molded ceiling tiles and wires hanging from the ceilings. The food is excellent and the place is packed around the clock.

However, the business owner must take some of the profits and make the place better for all customers. It's downtown in the VCU school area, but they aren't the only folks that eat there. Pro Athletes and other professional people spend their money there on a regular basis.

I'm not rating it a one-star just because the food is good. However, I will not be eating there until the place looks like it's worth me spending my money.

For the record, the ox tails are the best.

Reviewed December 13, 2016 via mobile

A small Jamaican restaurant across from the VCU campus. Food is authentic and very reasonably priced. A lot of spice the jerk chicken was outstanding. The beef patties ate a very fast convenient meal for those on tge go. 2 thumbs up.