“Pricey, but great experience!”
Review of Can Can Brasserie

Can Can Brasserie
Ranked #35 of 1,806 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: French
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

First of all, a word of warning. This restaurant was a lot more pricey than I expected considering its surroundings. It’s not a place you want to drop in to with your exhausted preschoolers after a day of spending all your money in the shops around it. You want to experience this restaurant when you’re well rested, have time and appreciate it for what it is. That said, it was a great experience. Each of us ordered something different so we could taste as much of the authentic French cuisine on the menu as possible. It was all very well prepared, but some of the unfamiliar offerings made for laughs and lively conversation. When I got back home I told my husband we need to schedule a trip to the area so we can have a romantic dinner there!

Reviewed August 29, 2018

On a weekday, late, we ordered lunch. Veggie quiche was elegant and tasty; the Croque Monsieur crepe was a heavy ingot, loaded with ham and chicken and squirted with fruit sauce that added nothing to the taste. I'd expected a rolled or folded crepe not a loaded purse. Service was pleasant; cappucino lacked taste or body. The windows on this pleasant day were open to the street which added pleasure to watching the world go by.

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

Went there Monday August 27 2018 to sign my lease in Cary Town -
I am a French citizen from Paris 8eme arrondissement living in the United States since 1987.
I was excited to go there because of the name and realtors and hotels
recommended it.
WELL! not even close to French food and for those ou “soit disant” traveled to Paris once or twice should have left mediocre reviews.
Several critics that will make me certainly NOT return for breakfast.
Of note : I looked at the lunch and dinner menue and I saw couple interesting “plats “ or entrées that maybe I will like to give a try,( somewhat doubting) then I will leave my review.

Breakfast: not a lot of choices-
I choose the quiche that was burnt and didn’t taste at all like a quiche Lorraine. Ordered the bacon and it was burnt
also ( bad day for the Chef!). mentioned it to the waitress which had no effect and said she was sorry and left.

ordered more coffee and never saw the waitress again, I didn’t finish my quiche and left the bacon untouched.

the restaurant was not at all busy at 9:30am and they were preparing for lunch already.
was over charged as mentioned by other reviewers so watch out for your receipt look at the charges.
The atmosphere was not friendly at all and certainly not a French atmosphere either, ok then, I give you that one we are in Richmond but with a name like Can Can !!

Addressed the incident to the manager Paul who basically didn’t seem alarmed and not apologetic. What a lousy approach and connection to your customers !! especially first time dinners.

Have tried few “cafés “ and small restaurants in Church Hill that are excellent with a great customer service. I will leave a review to those places recently visited.

So in recap forget Breakfast at Can Can save your money for a better ambience breakfast and better real French food in a smaller café and a business that really care.
NOT RECOMMENDED!! At least for Breakfast

Reviewed August 26, 2018

Really enjoyed Sunday lunch at this French restaurant. Both the chicken and veggie crepes were superb. We ordered the cheese tray as an appetizer and enjoyed the French cheeses and fruit compote, but then couldn't quite finish the crepes as the portions were generous. Waiter was excellent and we went home with a box of leftovers we will enjoy tomorrow!

Reviewed August 26, 2018

A brasserie is a restaurant which is less formal than a Michelin rated venue, but which serves good food, which more or less sums Can Can up The food is very good, don't be shy about ordering a appetiser for a main course. Can Can is in Carytown, it's one of the top restaurants in Richmond, the French influence is plain to see. Service is good, prices are reasonable for what you get.