“Awesome place for any occasion”
Review of Tarrant's Cafe

Tarrant's Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Tarrant's Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,807 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: N. Foushee
Description: Tarrant's Cafe is situated in the Richmond Old and Historic District. It was an important corner bringing drugstore services to nearby residents for over eighty years spanning the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. 130 years later this building is bringing neighborhood service to Richmond’s community with an upscale but affordable restaurant: Tarrants Cafe.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Bring your work peeps, your regular peeps, and peeps you're trying to impress... Tarrant's is good for everything! The food is fantastic, the service is great, and everyone can find something to enjoy. Easy to access on Broad Street!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,368)

Reviewed April 2, 2018

We walked past this place and were attracted by its energy, unique appearance and ambience, and the number of customers who were there ... so many that we took a seat at the bar. Chris promptly and very efficiently and courteously waited on us. Menu selections were numerous. My wife's waffle with crusted pecans and fruit, with whipped cream, was, in her words, "the best ever". My crab bisque was extremely good as well. The creamed spinach and eggs were fine; the stone-ground grits, surprisingly, were rather grainy and tasteless ... they needed a little cheese perhaps and could have been more fully grained (at least they were not that runny mess that some call grits and that are the reason that some folks say they do not like grits; let me assure you, properly prepared and flavored coarsely stone ground grits, perhaps with a few shrimp thrown in, are God's gift to the hungry). The restaurant, a former pharmacy, has been here for decades and apparently is a Richmond tradition ... strongly recommend.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Our family stopped here after seeing a play across the street. My food was delicious, but my wife's well done burger was still bloody. I'd go back, but I think that was probably the wife's first and last visit. Probably a bad night.

LizKincaid, Manager at Tarrant's Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Hey Rich, I'm so sorry about your wife's burger! We've done some retraining in the kitchen on the hot spots on the grill and the cold ones so that everyone gets a better burger. We also taught everyone, including front of house staff how to check to make sure burgers are at the proper temp before serving it. I'd love to invite you and your wife back for burgers on me. If you send me your email address, I'll have a gift card emailed to you asap. Thanks for allowing us to improve with your review. Liz, Chief Operating Officer

Liz@RVAhospitality.com

Reviewed April 1, 2018

I was in Richmond for a conference. Needed to go somewhere with a large group and get a good meal. This place was highly rated by Trip Advisor And did not disappoint. The menu was so gigantic That we were surprised they would be able to do all of it well. Our party of eight had varying menu items from the Filet to Wood fired Pizza to a Reuben and Australian Sea Bass. All were excellent and the service was top-notch. We will look forward to returning here many times when we come to Richmond!

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

We went to Tarrant’s Cafe after reading some online reviews. The cafe has cozy seating, but is a little piece of history. The food was outstanding; drinks were weak. I would highly recommend the lasagna!