Lowest prices for your stay
US$383
View deal
Priceline
Trip.comUS$383
eDreamsUS$383
All reviews yoga room garden wing relaxation summer massage spa
Selected filters
Reviewed November 15, 2019

A quest for relaxation after a tricky summer led me to Hotel Schwarzschmied. As I booked a last-minute deal for a one week solo holiday, I was looking for a quiet hotel with a nice spa and good hiking opportunities. Schwarzschmied far exceeded my expectations - what a great place to "switch off"!

The hotel enjoys some foundational advantages: it is located in Lana, an ideal starting point for hikes in the entire area of Merano and the Vigiljoch mountain. A few lovely guided hikes are offered by the hotel every week; other destinations in the area can be easily reached by public transport,cable car, by bicycle or by car. Schwarzschmied builds on this foundation with a superb set of amenities: modern, elegant, quiet rooms, great sauna facilities, a yoga room (in which wonderful daily classes are offered, plus the possibility to self-practice), etc., all enhancing the convenience of the stay.

But it is the hospitality and care of the staff that make this hotel special. Most hotels want you to believe that they are your home away from home; at Schwarzschmied, I believe this.
Starting with the room upgrade to the Garden Wing upon my arrival - close to the yoga studio and the spa, which I had enquired about before - which was so very attentive and personable. It set the tone for all my subsequent encounters with the hotel staff.

From the receptionists to the restaurant staff, everyone was friendly, helpful and highly professional. There was never anything left to be desired. I'd like to extend my compliments to the kitchen crew as well: The food was consistently delicious and beautifully presented. Dinner was something to look forward to every day (which I can't say for some other, more upscale hotels that I've stayed at...). Finally, a special thanks to massage therapist Andrea for her amazing deep tissue work and valuable advice. It made me wish I had booked more treatments... next time, hopefully!

After a week at Schwarzschmied and the beautiful Merano area, my batteries are recharged and my soul is refreshed. I hope to return and cannot recommend the hotel highly enough.
Well done staff and management, keep up this refreshingly high standard!

Date of stay: November 2019
Klaus D, Reception at Hotel Schwarzschmied, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2019

Dear Evelien,

thank you so much for your wonderful feedback, it was our pleasure to have you with us.

We hope you will be back soon!

Until then kindest regards,

Reviewed August 11, 2019 via mobile

I stayed here for a short trip to a local event and was very pleased to discover the focus on wellbeing. The room was spacious with a small balcony, with a sitting area to relax which being a solo traveler was useful.

I was impressed by the healthy food options at all meals and delighted to be able to juice some veggies at breakfast.
There is a lovely spa and large sauna as well as outdoor pool.
The location I’m the small town of Lana means you can walk everywhere.
The staff were helpfu

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Klaus D, Reception at Hotel Schwarzschmied, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2019

Dear Dutchylabrador,

thanks for your feedback.
We are very glad to know that you've enjoyed your holiday at our hotel and we are happy to welcome you again!

Reviewed December 8, 2018

We were a family of 4 adults (parents and grandparents) and 2 young children. We travel a lot, and this might have been one of our most favorite hotels we have ever visited. The food was delicious, the rooms comfortable, the spa and pool fantastic, the grounds beautiful, the staff wonderful, the style impeccable...I could go on and on. We loved the pool, the yoga, the treatments, every single meal... The setting is gorgeous and the town of Lana is great for walking around, and the hikes near the hotel were also great. Though the setting is mostly geared to adults, our kids felt welcomed. If this were closer to us then I think we'd probably come back every year.

Room tip: The rooms in the new garden wing were very nice.
Date of stay: November 2018
1  Thank Awei
Klaus D, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Schwarzschmied, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2019

Dear Awei,

thank you very much for your positive review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

We would appreciate it if we could welcome you again in our house.

Yours sincerely,

Dissertori Family

Reviewed July 27, 2018

Amazing surroundings, calm and friendly atmosphere, lovely interior, the most helpful
and friendly staff and the food is beyond description! This was my second stay but definitely not the last. Already looking forward to the next time.

Room tip: The Garden Rooms are incredible
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Klaus D, Inhaber at Hotel Schwarzschmied, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2018

Dear Eva,

thanks for your comment.

Reviewed January 9, 2018

This was our third stay at Hotel Schwarzschmied and it won't be our last. The hotel strikes a great balance -- it is kid/family friendly AND stylish all at once. The food is delicious, the spa is top notch, and the service is friendly and professional.
The Garden Suite in the Garden Wing is tastefully decorated and is perfect for families.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Klaus D, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Schwarzschmied, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2018

Dear Benjamin L,

thank you very much for your nice comment.

Family Dissertori and staff