1,868 results
All reviews fresh towels entertainment every night the ritz bad reviews rooms are basic plenty of sunbeds great holiday cleaned daily bus bugibba promenade
Reviewed October 16, 2018 via mobile

I don’t normally leave reviews but I’m making a exception this this time. The hotel was inviting upon arrival it was clean and tidy. Me and my girl friend checked in went to our room to find instead of a double bed three single beds, we was a bit naffed but didn’t think much of it as we wanted to get out and explore. The first few days where fine the beds where not comfy but after a few beers they where no longer a problem. Also the patio doors did not long leaving anyone to come in to your room if they wanted which we reported and was told by maintain W they where old and tired and all the rooms where the same and they needed replacing. Also the room was small and not very modern but we had paid for three star so we got what we paid for. (10 days all inclusive £1300) After then few days I started to notice bites on my self and also my partner. So we began to inspect the beds where we found BED BUGS,which we reported straight away to lee a very nice manager/supervisor who was very apologetic and said he not seen this before so he then moved us.
The next room we went to had a double bed yay!!! But it also had mouldy walls and damp ceilings, a shower that was either freezing or boiling there was no view just a massive palm tree blocking everything. The bath room window was cracked and when we opened it we discovered it was everyone’s toilet system NICE. All you could hear was dripping water which was great at night! NOT.
Fan in the room was hanging of the ceiling ants started to appear on the bed coming from damp in the wall where toilet systems where behind. Mattress was too big for the bed seen thicker wafer ham, maids didn’t do much cleaning either tbh.
Food was ok smallest all inclusive I’ve seen but just thought that was because it was a three star not a great choice either. Found a few people who like to sleep on the sofas in the lobby as the where much comfier than the beds. We did report some of our problems but manager Carol didn’t want to know. The indoor pool was absolutely disgusting looked like years since it had been cleaned the sun loungers where horrible to really dirt with old matts on them. This doesn’t seem enough to say times everything I’ve said by 100 and that still not enough it was that bad we went home three days early this holiday was a waste eat out most time as food wasn’t the best in total we spent over £3500 on this holidays. Please find attached some PICTURES I’ve uploaded PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE EVEN IF ID BOOKED AND PAID I WOULDN’T GO! People who say this hotel is not bad need to re-evaluate there life. Really wouldn’t like to see how you live!
Please not the picture of the bites has been confirmed by uk doctors to be that of bed bugs anyone who thinks any different goodle the difference between bed bugs and mosquitoes. Also this is just one picture I have them all over my back and arms and neck even few on my face read the other reviews not everyone can be lying. Also if you going on this holiday I’m sorry in advance and good luck.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank danielburke25
Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

I really can’t understand the bad reviews for this hotel.. this is our 5th time in Malta... we’ve stayed at 4* previously ... this is a 3* and having the best time... pools are great... always a sun lounger available, food lovely, entertainment is the best we’ve had in Malta ever!!.. staff can’t do enough for you.. room is clean, basic but nice... don’t be put off by the bad reviews!!

2  Thank Aelf100
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

This is the first time we have been to Malta and it is a beautiful place especially valeta. On arrival to the hotel front of house is clean and tidy staff were great and happy to help when we got to our room we were disappointed we booked a family room with to separate rooms instead we had 4 beds pushed up together in one room. The first night it felt like sleeping on a bed of rocks not a great start beds and mattress needed replacing very old . Food was ok different every day Maria and all the staff were excellent in the dining area but the to chaps in the bar at night were rude and spoke to people like rubbish if you don’t want to work there don’t bother they let everybody else in the hotel down with their stinking attitude. If the hotel had a big refurbishment I think it would be a great place because most of the staff were great.

Date of stay: July 2018
1  Thank lgwcarpentrt30
Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

We have now finished one week holiday here (two adults and 4 children). The Hotel is ok, not excellent and not too bad.

The rooms are not that good, old dirt and plenty of dead flies and insects on the walls. Positive with housekeeping every day, and clean towels. But we had four days without aircondition (we had three rooms) in neither of the rooms. They fixed it the last day, but because of the warm and heat during the night we couldnt sleep good for many nights. Terrible (and old) pillows, and the beds are really bad.

The food is not great, but ok, you will always find something you like. The staff in the resturant should learn to speak/and understand more english and SMILE:) Maria was lovely.
Helpful and kind staff in the reception.

Poolarea: the kids were swimming and bathing every day and enjoyed themselves. The area is old and badly needs an upgrade. Cleaned every day.

All in all: You get what you pay for! This was a cheap holiday for us, and we have more positive than negative experiences after staying here. They are closing in february, for an full upgrade of the hotel, and we must say that thats about time:)

1  Thank siril716
Reviewed October 9, 2018 via mobile

Here now while writing this review were on top wich is 5th floor room 5065, 2 bed apartment looking out over town and sea.these rooms are basic but clean very roomy with a varander that stretches I've both bedrooms were you can sit with a drink and enjoy. Beds comfortable and staff were exceptional.10 mins walk to front were you find everything from shops to bars.reception and pool area very modern clean and air conditioning.these digs are 3 star don't go compearing them to a 4 star. Allinclusive def worth the money not a lot to chose but food and puds very well cooked and presented.resturaunt very modern clean will be coming back still here don't want it to end.weather 28 baking well done san pawl.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple