“Delicious Brazilian Steakhouse”
Review of The Fogata

The Fogata
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fogata is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 355 Restaurants in Manassas
Description: The Fogata is a Brazilian style Churrascaria offering the most incredible dining experience in the area of Manassas.
Reviewed September 29, 2016

The establishment that used to be in this location was a club, which frequently had problems and visits from the police. With that in mind, I was hesitant to check out this restaurant, wondering what kind of crowd it would attract. I could not have been more wrong! This is a very nice restaurant. I was comfortable in jeans, but would have been equally comfortable dressed up for a nice dinner out. If you are unfamiliar with Brazilian Steakhouses, there is a small salad bar and staff come around with skewers of delicious meat, cutting off portions for you at your table. There is chicken, steak, lamb and sausage. The manager told us that they serve 12 different varieties. You eat as much as you want, and as long as you are hungry, they will continue to bring meat to your table (periodically, as it is prepared - so it's all fresh). I didn't try anything that I did not think was...(what's better than delicious?) The staff was great and the manager came by to check on us as well. I always think that's a plus, when the people running an establishment truly take pride in it.

They are currently closed on Monday's and only have lunch a few days, so be sure to check their hours before going. Also, keep in mind that it is endless cuts of meat, so they are a little pricey ($40 per person - I don't know if there are kids' prices). If you're really hungry, it's totally worth it.

Reviewed September 26, 2016

Went for lunch on Saturday and was thoroughly pleased by the food. The salad bar was fresh and really good. I especially liked the rice and beans. There was plenty of selection, but the meat is what you go to a Brazilian steakhouse for, anyway.

The meats were cooked to our preference and quite delicious. We were offered (and consumed) an abundance of meat that was to our satisfaction. Everything had a very nice flavor.

The waiter brought us drink refills without even having to ask if we wanted more. He was on top of his game.

Reviewed September 19, 2016 via mobile

Wonderful staff! Great salad bar. Food was a bit on the spicy side, but to be fair I'm extremely sensitive to spices. I look forward to going again!

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed September 3, 2016

My husband and I went here for our first anniversary dinner and were both very excited to try a new place in Manassas. We called ahead for a reservation, in my experience to get the best service at a Brazilian steakhouse making a reservation or calling before hand- even a half hour is good policy, it helps the restaurant and staff know how many people to expect, how much meat to have on the grill or ready to go, and overall provides a better dining experience.

The staff was great! They were attentive, polite, and kept the food coming. Both of us enjoyed all the options they had had to offer from the salad bar and the grill. The meat was well seasoned and mostly cooked to our preferences- we really enjoy rare to medium rare so some was a little overdone but after telling the waitstaff our preferences they brought us mostly rare meat. I read someone commented on the sad salad bar, but I though it was great. There were plenty of options- greens, vegetables, meats, rice, beans, potatoes, etc; and we did not want to get over stuffed on the salad bar anyway.

We spent about two and half hours eating and drinking, we completely enjoyed the atmosphere and the waitstaff. We are looking forward to our next visit!

Reviewed June 22, 2016

This is the real thing, a Brazilian Chrascuria, serving meat endlessly the way real Brazilians do. The salad bar, the rice and black beans (feijoada) are really good, the range of meat, sliced off the spit at your table was excellent. Those who can appreciate good meat and good food will appreciate a visit, even if the restaurant is a bit far away.

Date of visit: June 2016