“Sitdown Restaurant Quality”
Review of Taiwan Cafe

Taiwan Cafe
Ranked #71 of 338 Restaurants in Manassas
Reviewed February 17, 2017

When we first moved to the area a few years ago, we found a Chinese restaurant we liked. There was a little old man in the back cooking, and his wife worked the cash register. But they retired, and the food just wasn't the same ever since. Then we liked another place that has since been closed. We had tried more than a few Chinese places, and we just couldn't find any place we liked. Every time we'd get a hankerin' for some Chinese food, we'd have to go to Arlington.

So the other day Precious was talking about how she had a taste for some Chinese food, and she had heard about this place. It's only been open about a month. We had never tried Taiwanese food so we decided to take a gamble.

This is a very small restaurant on the side of Route 28 in the Yorkshire area. It has a few tables, but they're probably going to make their living from take-out and delivery. It's nice inside. Everything is new. The tables are nice. Everything is clean. They have your standard Chinese menu with all of the standard Chinese dishes like Kung Pao and General Tso. But they have a separate menu for Taiwanese food which includes pictures of the dishes so if you're not familiar with it, then at least you can see what it looks like.

I got the fried fish. It was seasoned with salt and pepper, nothing fancy, and it came with some diced onions and diced peppers, not enough for me, but I'm a fresh-vegetableaholic so it's never enough for me. The fish was cooked perfectly, not under-cooked, not overcooked. The dude told me that he uses flounder for this because it's better than cheaper tilapia. Precious got some type of chicken with basil. Again the chicken was cooked to perfection with some kind of spices I don't know what they used. And the basil taste along with the chicken was just heavenly.

The next weekend we went to Bonefish Grill because someone gave us a coupon. The food at Taiwan Cafe is BETTER than Bonefish. Better, Jerry. Better!

The rest of the day I was happy. It's not often that I eat a meal and then dream about it the rest of the day. It was that good. We'll be going back next weekend.