“IT’S ALL ABOUT TIMING”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have not posted a review in a long time since there has not been much around here to inspire one to write a review. But the urge come today after a visit to the local Olive Garden for an early dinner.

We arrived at around 4:00 PM, November 9, 2018. The place did not seem crowded, as a matter of fact there was no one waiting to be seated. We asked for a booth and the young man who greeted us proceeded to take us to the farthest room in the restaurant, passing at least two empty booths. We sat down but agreed this was ridiculous son we picked up our menus,napkin and utensils and went back to one of the booths we had passed. It wasn’t long before our server arrived but things slowed down from that point.

I told our server I,would like something warm right now, coffee with some Bailey’s Irish Cream. We said we would like a few minutes to look at the menu. He returned a few minutes later but no coffee. We order soup as an appetizer along with a glass of wine. My wife order the Five Cheese Baked Ziti while I ordered the Shrimp Scampi with Garlic Butter Sauce and Angel Hair Pasta. The coffee finally arrived. Next came the soups, which were very tasty-Chicken Gnocci for my wife and Minestrone for me. BUT half way through our appetizer our main course arrived and the half way through our main course, the wine arrived-a nice Chianti. The angel hair pasta was glued together and the garlic butter sauce was not very evident or perhaps it was the reason the pasta was glued together. My wife’s baked ziti was a mound of ziti covered with some sort of tomato sauce but she described it as very unappetizing. At this point we gave up on dinner and ordered the small dolci desserts-Dark Chocolate for my wife and Limoncello Mousse for yours truly. The desserts, along with cappuccino, were the best part of the dinner.

We paid up and left and chances are we won’t return even though it is in our home town. We believe the place has slipped considerably and there are other Italian places serving far better fare.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Went once and will NEVER go back. My wife and I order our lunch and my wife’s food never came out. We asked to see the manager after we exhausted talking to our server and the manager actually acted as though we were bothering her.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 24, 2018

We met friends here on a Sunday and didn't even have to wait. The never-ending salad is great, and my chicken and shrimp carbonara was delicious!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

Will NEVER return to this franchise. Went for lunch and my wife’s food never came to the table. The manager didn’t even seem to care. Thinking about calling corporate on Monday morning.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed March 8, 2018

We hit this Oliver Garden on a Monday evening. You would think, that's not a busy day for dining. You would be correct. But still Oliver Garden delivered a somewhat inconsistent service experience and that sort-of spoiled the experience a bit for us! The waiter was very good, gave us more time to decide. The soups and salads came on time and we were only half way through it when he arrived with the main entrees. OK. The entrees were good and we were served extra bread once. Thereafter, he came by and asked if we wanted more and forgot about us completely! He was nowhere to be found after that. They have these little ipad-like kiosks at every table and it had a button that said "Call Server". Pushing that had no effect! The food was great, the cannoli was good but was a bit frozen. I have seen this place packed on Fridays and weekends since it's the only Olive Garden for a 10 mile radius. If service is this poor on a Monday, I would dread going there on a Friday or a weekend. Hope the server was having a bad day but we did not enjoy our dining experience as much as the great food warranted!

Date of visit: March 2018