“Super great food, great service ”
Review of Marina Restaurant

Marina Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 50 Restaurants in Izola
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Restaurant of Hotel Marina has a long culinary tradition. Every seafood lover will enjoy in the specialities of its renowned Chef Ivica Evačić aka Ivek. He adapts his recipes to the changing seasons and everything is cooked to order – as Ivek never reheats food or uses artificial flavour enhancers on his dishes.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We took an important diplomat from Asia, it was a very good experience. Chef was caring and accommodating for different tastes, very friendly and food was delicious.
Prices were reasonable.

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

Ordered lunch menu, started with sea food mix, continued with salad and finished with wild mackarel from the Izola bay. Decent price and the tomato tasted superb.

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

On reading all the reviews for this restaurant we looked forward with great anticipation to a lovely meal. Unfortunately this never happened. We sat at our table for some time with very little assistance or attention from the staff. Whilst I appreciate that restaurants are busy and as a guest we are not the only ones there. However I would expect if you provide a welcome, some drinks and some bread then that allows the staff with some breathing time whilst menus are red. I fear this is not the fault of the staff but a situation that has occurred on this occasion due to not enough staff members to guests. It all seemed somewhat disjointed and unorganised. We did see peoples main courses turning up when their starter plates were still on the table. I feel last the straw for me was what I believe to be a dog bowl being provided to another table (I must assume for a canine guest at someone’s feet)whilst we had not even been offered an explanation of the wine list. We did at this point decide to go elsewhere and subsequently had a fantastic evening with superb service and beautiful seafood.

Darja J, Front Office Manager at Marina Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2018

Dear guest, we are sorry that you have not felt good at our Restaurant.

It can happen, especially in the high season that a lot of guests come without a reservation and then they might have to wait a little bit more.

We would like to suggest you to come always with a previous reservation.
And because it is a famous and good Restaurant you have to wait a bit more then somewhere else, this is why you have to take your time to enjoy and make yourself a pleasant evening with the offer that you can get from us (delicious wines and tasteful food).

Anyway, we do apologize if you have felt bad and we invite you to come back and let us fix the mistake we've made.

Looking forward to your stay we wish you a nice day.

September and October are still sunny and nice as June and May.

Reviewed August 30, 2018

I can only talk about Marina Restaurant in superlatives. I love the food there - the taste of food there is marvelous, the arrangement of food (a bit atristic), the wine, the atmosphere (inside and out by the sea), the service is great, there are always enough waiters for the tables, also the waiters are very nice, polite and in a good mood. Always. I keep coming back there and also our business partners are always satisfied when we take them to Marina Restaurant. I strongly recommend this restaurant, especially for those who love to eat very good fish. Bon appetit! :)

1  Thank masa b
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Service nice and friendly.
The sea bream and scampi alla busara were awesome.
Just next to the sea.