All reviewsgreat viewadriatic seathe cliffvilla palmaparking lotsmall balconytriestecampolivestowelscoastseason
Reviewed February 25, 2018

Due to some unusual accident in my home house I was forced to stay couple of nights in the Belvedere hotel. Booking.com reservation in last minute gave me a great rate with breakfast for two. Very peaceful, great breakfast - the breakfast waiter is very friendly and nice guy.. Overall the dining room is a bit tired, yet with a 70's patina has its own look and feel. If you get a table by the windows you can really enjoy the best view. Rooms (furniture) are also tired, if you sleep in a nearby house, the only bad thing are the toilets with no possibility for ventilation. Wifi is free, TV is huge with a lots of choice, balcony for occasional smokers and again the view. Belvedere !

Room Tip: Pick a room with a sea view.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

We arrived at this fabolous hotel full of doubts, we usually rather stay on the croatian side of the cost because of better service but were surly amazed of the kindness of the staff and everything the hotel had to offer. The room was spacious with a marvelous view of the sea. Its probably one of the best rooms we have ever stayed in and we have stayed in many lux hotels before. I was really happy that the room offered tea and coffie. The spa in the hotel is lovely I must say.. it had a small pool and three different saunas. Everything was decorated and new by the look. The hotel restaurant serves amazeing food. At breakfast the cook made us an omlet by our choice and it was accompanied by a glass of lovely Prosecco. We had a 5 course dinner with a wine tasting, everything superb.In the end as we asked for a late check out, we got a 6 hours later check out because the room was not full on that day. Probably the best service so far. We will definately visit again!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maša P
Reviewed November 8, 2017

I knew the hotel by name but never stopped here before - so have been very positivelly surprised by the hotel's splendid location on top of the hill between Izola and clifs of Strunjan (a natural reserve) - several cute walks all arround, in the season of kaki fruit (buying directly from farmers in the orchards). The hotel had quite bad reputation, but since the change of ownership it seems it is substantially improving. At least in the part of the hotel (villas) looked ok - simple, clean, well maintained; maybe missed kettle to prepare some tea. The staff very attentive and friendly (eg cooked polenta for breakfast for my darling because she is avoiding bread ;) The breakfasts and dinners as expected in hotels 3/4*, liked fresh bread and "homemade" marmelades in the morning, enjoyed eating dinners by the open fire on a cold windy evening :)

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2017

We stayed for 2 nights in the newly built annex "Cliff", which is pretty, modern and provides spacious rooms with a wonderful panoramic sea view. The size of the rooms is really above the standard dimensions, which is a great feature, however I can not say that they are very comfortable.
For instance, who places the sofa along the same wall on which the TV is firmly fixed? There is a small balcony, but no roof, a tent or anything else, which makes it impossible to be outside during the day in summer.
As to the price, the nightly rate of 180 euro is higher than expected. To finish with the rooms, I have to admit that they were very clean.
The breakfast was a complete disaster. On our first morning we came down to check it, turned around and did not come back. It is better to have some coffee and a pastry in a cafe in Izola or Portoroze. By the way, you will certainly need a car to get around.
The food at the restaurant was also nothing special, so we eat there only once.
The good thing is that they provide a free shuttle bus to the beach, however that beach is public and not properly equipped. There are no umbrellas, sundecks or proper changing rooms, but at least there is a toilet and a cafe. The stairs into the sea were not properly attached, but I do hope they fixed that issue.
All in all, unfortunately, at the moment the only decent accommodation close to Izola that I know of, but I would recommend it for very short stays only.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2017

I spent the night in Villas. I can say it's too overpriced for old rooms that doesn't serve enough towels and needs to be renovated.
The staff is friendly and the breakfast is delicios - also vegetarian friendly.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple