We recently stayed at the Jackson House Inn for one night, and wished we could have stayed longer. From the moment we pulled up to the Inn, we were struck by how beautiful the building and grounds were, and especially the front porch which gracefully stretches from one end of the house to the other.
The Innkeepers, Kathy and Rick, are very nice, and showed us to our room. It was beautiful, with nice fresh linens and the bathroom was very large and had both a large jacuzzi tub and a walk-in shower. We have so often stayed in Inns that look wonderful from the outside, yet when you get to your room you wished you had stuck with a more standard hotel....Well, not at the Jackson House. There is the wonderful charm of a fine country property, and yet the modern appointments which are so important.
We were in for another treat when we sat down to breakfast in the morning. The dinning room is surrounded by windows on all sides, and you look out on the stunning grounds. Then Rick presented us with breakfast, which is almost impossible to describe. From the yogurt that was infused with Maple and toasted pumpkin seeds to the baked oatmeal that was incredibly light and fluffy and wonderfully scrumptious.
I highly recommend this Inn, and only hope they start serving dinner!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jackson House Inn offers refined relaxation surrounded by the beauty of Vermont. Just outside the village of Woodstock, our property is perfect for a private romantic getaway or a chance to reconnect with friends. 6 one-room suites with fireplaces and 5 classic bedrooms blend history with modern conveniences - all with an en-suite private bathroom with shower (some with massage tubs), WIFI, in-room controlled air conditioning/heating, most with HD television service. Locally-sourced, organic products are featured in a memorable multi-course full breakfast served at individual tables in our dining room, and non-alcoholic hot and cold beverages are available at all times. Wines, beers and spirits are available in the late afternoon/early evening. Stroll three acres of grounds including a freshwater pond and perennial gardens or gaze at the landscape from patios, balconies and chairs on the lawn. In colder months, a floor-to-ceiling woodburning fireplace burns during breakfast and the evening hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Jackson House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jackson House Hotel Woodstock
- Jackson House Inn Woodstock, Vermont