We love the Jackson House Inn! We are relocating into the area, and we’ve stayed there twice in the last couple of months as we prepare for our move. The JHI is so wonderful we will go again and again, even after we settle into our new home. First and foremost for me is clean; if a place isn’t clean, I can’t relax and enjoy it; and the JHI is the cleanest place we’ve ever stayed; it’s the first place we’ve stayed that I haven’t wiped down myself; my standards are high. So with that in mind, let me walk you through our stay.
When we arrived, Kathy was there to pleasantly greet us and give us a tour of the house and show us to our room. Even though we arrived later in the evening, both visits, she made sure we were comfortable and at ease, answering any questions we had. We stayed our first visit in the Miss Gloria Swanson room and our second visit in the Mary Todd Lincoln. Both rooms are simply lovely, very comfortable, with beds that are uber fun and comfy to sleep in with the dreamy pillows and comforters, nestle-y goodness for sure. Makes me happy just thinking about it! No tinkly-sprinkly showers here, just full-on shower bliss, with locally made, environmentally friendly bath products, and fluffy, comfy robes to lounge in. Pretty décor and attention to detail enhanced our sensation of relaxation and enjoyment. And that’s just our rooms.
There is a library stocked with books and inviting seating, a bar with a really big, awesome TV, lots of cheerful seating areas (inside and out), and the outside … the property is simply wonderful: babbling brook, pond, grounds that go on forever ... lots of room to find peaceful reading spots or picnic happiness, gardens, an Alberta spruce maze-ish area with “hidden” seating areas, and porch seating … and more.
Then there’s the breakfast part of the B&B, located in the dining room overlooking the gardens and mountain with large picture window - very pretty. Here’s where you’ll meet Rick, if you haven’t already. Rick and food are meant for each other. He knows what he’s doing in the kitchen! His baked oatmeal – oh my goodness – everyday should be a baked oatmeal day, but then you wouldn’t get a chance to taste his other delicious creations. Bacon, eggs, potatoes, toast, fruit – sure … but what Rick does to them is magic and So Yummy! And local and organic! And you can tell he just loves what he does. He’ll come out to your table and describe what he’s prepared for you with such happiness … we couldn’t wait to dig in. Also, I have a number of food allergies and sensitivities, and Rick worked with me, taking great care to meet my dietary needs.
Rick, Kathy, and the Jackson House Inn are fabulous! Some other qualities we found here: serenity, peacefulness, quiet, friendliness. It’s our new little heaven on earth, and we’re glad they will be close by for idyllic getaways.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jackson House Inn offers refined relaxation surrounded by the beauty of Vermont. Just outside the village of Woodstock, our property is perfect for a private romantic getaway or a chance to reconnect with friends. 6 one-room suites with fireplaces and 5 classic bedrooms blend history with modern conveniences - all with an en-suite private bathroom with shower (some with massage tubs), WIFI, in-room controlled air conditioning/heating, most with HD television service. Locally-sourced, organic products are featured in a memorable multi-course full breakfast served at individual tables in our dining room, and non-alcoholic hot and cold beverages are available at all times. Wines, beers and spirits are available in the late afternoon/early evening. Stroll three acres of grounds including a freshwater pond and perennial gardens or gaze at the landscape from patios, balconies and chairs on the lawn. In colder months, a floor-to-ceiling woodburning fireplace burns during breakfast and the evening hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Jackson House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jackson House Hotel Woodstock
- Jackson House Inn Woodstock, Vermont